#1 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,190 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

I can't find any current info on Jeff Otah. I wonder if he is working out, or has given up on his career in the NFL. He was a force to behold before he evolved into a bust.  People may not want to admit it, but our run game was so much better when Otah was forcibly bulldozing guys out the way.  He has basically been out of football for 21 months (not counting limited offseason activities). In a literal sense, his knee has had around 10 months or so to rehabilitate from the (so characterized) minor surgery that he had back in '11. According to reports he was at Bentley's O-line Academy before the start of the 2012 regular season, but now he has fallen off the map.  

Provided he is physically and mentally ready to resume his pro career, wouldn't it make sense to at least give Otah a call? It's not like we couldn't use his help at LT (or any place on the line, really) if he is "right".  We bet picks on him once, so a roll of the dice when nothing of consequence is on the line may be just what the doctor ordered, especially when the payout could be massive.  Does anyone in Panther Land know anything about what's going on with Otah (other than eating)? [Had to get that in there to preempt the Bojangles jokes]

#2 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:33 AM

I've just heard speculation - off the grid otherwise.  

An O-lineman attempting a comeback never gets much media attention, so maybe he is trying somewhere.

#3 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:33 AM

Probably exercising

fat-guy-dancing-o.gif

#4 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

Our o-line would be so much better if he just would have panned out.

#5 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Champions are made in the offseason.

• HUDDLER
  • 4,018 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

Probably exercising

fat-guy-dancing-o.gif

That's gross Otah.

#6 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,700 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

#7 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,700 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

Random Thought:

Its weird that when the human body hits about 500 pounds it loses ability to be classified as either gender

#8 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,874 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

Probably exercising

fat-guy-dancing-o.gif

yeah i feel like i want to bail out of work early and go run ten miles right about now

#9 Seltzer

Seltzer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

My enduring image of Otah will be him smoking a black & mild in the parking deck on the Arlington building. 

From everything I read, just think he was a tremendously athletically-gifted big man who had zero passion for football and was not interested in rehabbing and/or playing through pain.  If you ever saw him in person up close, Otah was a huge guy, even by pro football player standards.  Otah may be the biggest O-lineman (in terms of height/build) the Panthers ever had.  As much natural physical talent as any O-lineman in the league.

However, outside of the loss of income, I doubt he misses football one bit.

#10 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Don't Hate Me Because I sway away from the masses

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

agree

I can't find any current info on Jeff Otah. I wonder if he is working out, or has given up on his career in the NFL. He was a force to behold before he evolved into a bust. People may not want to admit it, but our run game was so much better when Otah was forcibly bulldozing guys out the way. He has basically been out of football for 21 months (not counting limited offseason activities). In a literal sense, his knee has had around 10 months or so to rehabilitate from the (so characterized) minor surgery that he had back in '11. According to reports he was at Bentley's O-line Academy before the start of the 2012 regular season, but now he has fallen off the map.

Provided he is physically and mentally ready to resume his pro career, wouldn't it make sense to at least give Otah a call? It's not like we couldn't use his help at LT (or any place on the line, really) if he is "right". We bet picks on him once, so a roll of the dice when nothing of consequence is on the line may be just what the doctor ordered, especially when the payout could be massive. Does anyone in Panther Land know anything about what's going on with Otah (other than eating)? [Had to get that in there to preempt the Bojangles jokes]

#11 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,868 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

Terrible waste of talent.

I say this in every Otah thread and I will say it in this one. I've got an authentic black Otah jersey at the house. Paid $325 will sell it for $75.

#12 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Don't Hate Me Because I sway away from the masses

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

What size is it?

I say this in every Otah thread and I will say it in this one. I've got an authentic black Otah jersey at the house. Paid $325 will sell it for $75.

#13 FuaMeOnce

FuaMeOnce

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:52 AM

I'd only buy it if it was big enough to fit otah at his current weight.  and then, only for $1.

#14 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,868 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

What size is it?

#15 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

nah, i seen him the other day workin at bojangles. he looked pretty good considering. probably get a 2piece & sides for that jersey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.