• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,261 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:41 AM

For what it's worth I call them the Charlotte Panthers also...

Have some strawberry rhubarb.

#17 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,719 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

Canty would have been a good pick for the immediate but we are trying to build a team for now and the future.  Drafting Star and KK will set up the interior of our line for the next decade. Something we have struggled to do for the last six or seven years.  I think Gettleman did the right thing.  Signing Dwan Edwards to a 2 year deal was just as good and fit the budget.

#18 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

SeƱor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:12 AM

Canty would have been nice at the start of the offseason, and I would have been excited about it. But I also thought there would be no way that we could trade up for Star at that point. Let alone get him at 14. Would have been nice, but Canty gets more money this way, and we get a young player to build around for years.

#19 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,259 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

I prefer the Charlotte Panthers.

#20 lovelett

lovelett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, Florida

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

I prefer the Charlotte Panthers.

Has a good ring to it right? As far as Canty- would have been nice but i would rather spend the money elsewhere.

#21 Creep59

Creep59

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationHatteras Canyon

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

Who cares.

Canty shows hes a class act by praising the Panthers and the classless  turds of the huddle stink it up as usual.

#22 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,637 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

Canty shows hes a class act by praising the Panthers and the classless turds of the huddle stink it up as usual.

This is old news. He let it be known he wanted to play here even before he signed with the Ravens.

His asking price obviously didn't match ours. I like the guy, but he's moved on and so have we.

Speaking of turds, jump in the toilet so I can flush you once and for all. Your shtick is played out.

#23 Creep59

Creep59

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationHatteras Canyon

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

This is old news. He let it be known he wanted to play here even before he signed with the Ravens.

His asking price obviously didn't match ours. I like the guy, but he's moved on and so have we.

Speaking of turds, jump in the toilet so I can flush you once and for all. Your shtick is played out.

No room in the commode - its all full of you.

#24 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

For what it's worth I call them the Charlotte Panthers also...

And that's fine but in my opinion doing something like that in a headline of a column shows carelessness

#25 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

His knee is shot, I'm glad we didn't get him. 

#26 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,654 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

At that time before the draft, I remember a lot of chatter on here in regards to wanting to sign Canty.  Star and Canty would be nasty.  Anyway it worked out for the best,  I appreciate  his sentiments.  I'll root for Canty now.

#27 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,391 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:50 PM

I always thought Canty was a good, solid lineman going back to his days in Dallas and so I've wanted him to play for us every time he's hit the FA market but I'm extremely happy with our DTs after the draft we had.

#28 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:49 AM

I always thought Canty was a good, solid lineman going back to his days in Dallas and so I've wanted him to play for us every time he's hit the FA market but I'm extremely happy with our DTs after the draft we had.

I've felt this way too. Always seemed like we were just not quite in the right position to pick him up. The encouraging thing about this all is that there are players wanting to come here and play for us over more established winning teams, which is nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com