Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,822 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

Also the OP stole this from here:

http://www.bibliotec...ol_depopu30.htm

Never seen that before man. The theory was actually very vaguely brought up in a freestyle by this underground rapper I was listening to, so I looked further into it.

#32 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

and btw if you want to talk about a government causing an AIDS epidemic let's talk about AIDS denialism in South Africa for a decade.

#33 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,822 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

I like people who think government isn't capable of doing the simplest of governance but more than capable of creating and maintaining complex conspiracies.

Well take something as simple as drone strikes, since I really know nothing about conspiracies that may or may not have been proven to be true.

They call it "collateral damage", right? Hundreds, maybe thousands of innocent people being killed in an attempt to maybe get a terrorist in the process? Technically, is that not genocide? Yet it's something our government just carries on with.

#34 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

denialism

don't think I have heard that word before

#35 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,822 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

It's always easy to pick out who failed Statistics.

Dude I don't know the simplest thing about stats or why it relates to this thread. I've never taken a statistics class, so guilty as charged.

#36 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

Also the OP stole this from here:

http://www.bibliotec...ol_depopu30.htm

it's telling this site literally does not mention HIV or SIV.

#37 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

denialism

don't think I have heard that word before

not sure if serious?  so used to people being assholes around here I can't tell if you are being snarky, sorry, heh.

aids denialism is a real thing and it has had dire consequences in Africa.  basically governments and cultural leaders advocating AIDS is either not real or not caused by HIV etc... really really bad stuff.

#38 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

I understand what denialism would mean, no matter the subject, just from breaking the word down, but just have not actually heard it used. That was all.

#39 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

All of those articles only suggest that there were viruses that produce Immune deficiencies before this current outbreak.  That was never in question. Lots of viruses do that.  AIDs is not the same thing.  This syndrome and the global crisis is new.  It is traced back to two specific points in history. Both of which are in the mid to late 70's. But whatever.  Thousands of Africans are dieing everyday. And none of us are doing anything about it. 

Now, this is the 21st century.  The human genome has been mapped and we as a species have an understanding of DNA that borders on the divine. NO OTHER virus is so uncottrolled. If this is a result of some sort of interaction with smallpox vaccine, or biowarfare experimentation, ignoring that might make it hard to find a cure. If that is even a goal.

#40 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

Vervet Monkeys.

#41 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

All of those articles only suggest that there were viruses that produce Immune deficiencies before this current outbreak.  That was never in question. Lots of viruses do that.  AIDs is not the same thing.  This syndrome and the global crisis is new.  It is traced back to two specific points in history. Both of which are in the mid to late 70's. But whatever.  Thousands of Africans are dieing everyday. And none of us are doing anything about it. 

You are not being specific enough here.  AIDS is the result of a progressing HIV infection, AIDS itself is not a virus though of course we refer to it as such occasionally, the distinction is important since HIV has close relationships with other viruses that helps to shed light on its origin.  We can determine the origin of HIV pretty well with modern phylogenetic reconstruction methods.  We know the rate of evolution in HIV's sequence structure so we can pretty accurately measure it's age. The endemic didn't start off as millions, as I showed you, but it did experience exponential growth.  It really is not a mystery how this shitty situation got started, though there are some things we may never know exactly (e.g., exactly what caused the first SIV jumps)

My first student ever that I trained in molecular biology techniques went on to work in a lab working to cure HIV.  So while none of us specifically are doing anything about it, that doesn't mean nobody is.

Now, this is the 21st century.  The human genome has been mapped and we as a species have an understanding of DNA that borders on the divine. NO OTHER virus is so uncottrolled. If this is a result of some sort of interaction with smallpox vaccine, or biowarfare experimentation, ignoring that might make it hard to find a cure. If that is even a goal.

I really am not sure what you're getting at here... uncontrolled in what ways?  what does our understanding of genomics have to do with that? 

#42 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

You are not being specific enough here.  AIDS is the result of a progressing HIV infection, AIDS itself is not a virus though of course we refer to it as such occasionally, the distinction is important since HIV has close relationships with other viruses that helps to shed light on its origin.  We can determine the origin of HIV pretty well with modern phylogenetic reconstruction methods.  We know the rate of evolution in HIV's sequence structure so we can pretty accurately measure it's age. The endemic didn't start off as millions, as I showed you, but it did experience exponential growth.  It really is not a mystery how this shitty situation got started, though there are some things we may never know exactly (e.g., exactly what caused the first SIV jumps)

My first student ever that I trained in molecular biology techniques went on to work in a lab working to cure HIV.  So while none of us specifically are doing anything about it, that doesn't mean nobody is.

I really am not sure what you're getting at here... uncontrolled in what ways?  what does our understanding of genomics have to do with that? 

Are you claiming to be a professor of molecular biology and thus a Doctor. Can you prove it?

#43 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

Are you claiming to be a professor of molecular biology and thus a Doctor. Can you prove it?

Mav is a biologist. He's spoken of it more than once. 

#44 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

Mav is a biologist. He's spoken of it more than once. 

I dont know who any of you are

#45 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,187 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

Oh look! A bunch of people with zero medical background giving opinions on highly complex medical topics!

Well hell I am going to pull up a chair!

did you seriously just make this post after all the weird, unfounded conclusions you've reached re: complex sociological topics? NOW education matters? lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com