#76 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,491 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

The problem and reason I went with Pekovic is that Hickson's agent is looking for 10+ Million a season. Hickson is one of the 7 players in the NBA that averages a double double. He averages 12.7 ppg and 10 rpg. That commands a ton of money.  Also Hickson is more of a PF then Center and is going to cost the same as Pekovic really. Pekovic fills a need (Center) and is more of an offensive threat. 

I wouldn't say Hickson is more of a power forward, he's just an undersized center, kind of like Biz. 

The Cats could afford to pay a $10 million dollar contract (although Hickson really doesn't deserve it), but there is just no way they can pay Pekovic $14 million dollars. If somehow the Wolves don't match $12 million, it becomes a reasonable assumption that we could afford him.

#77 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,391 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

The problem and reason I went with Pekovic is that Hickson's agent is looking for 10+ Million a season. Hickson is one of the 7 players in the NBA that averages a double double. He averages 12.7 ppg and 10 rpg. That commands a ton of money.  Also Hickson is more of a PF then Center and is going to cost the same as Pekovic really. Pekovic fills a need (Center) and is more of an offensive threat. 

I agree. I've been a fan of Hickson since last season, but after taking Cody no.4 overall Im not sure if I want to pair those two together. Sure, Hickson got a lot of time at the 5 in Portland but he just seemed to be a more natural 4 than 5. Pekovic would be a great fit with Cody. He's a true Center and he plays like one. Pek solidfy and defend the paint well. This will be a good situation bringing Biz off the bench. I think Biz will have a bigger contribution in this scenario than say adding Hickson. At the end of the day, Pek and Hickson may end up getting similar contracts. If I have to choose one, it's Pek with no hesitation.

#78 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,092 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

Adam Morrison and Walter Hermann

#79 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,353 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

I wouldn't say Hickson is more of a power forward, he's just an undersized center, kind of like Biz. 

The Cats could afford to pay a $10 million dollar contract (although Hickson really doesn't deserve it), but there is just no way they can pay Pekovic $14 million dollars. If somehow the Wolves don't match $12 million, it becomes a reasonable assumption that we could afford him.

Hickson completely deserves it, he's one of 7 players in the NBA that average a double double in points and rebounds. The other guys on that list all make 10+ million or will be shortly. 

It's possible that Minny won't match a 10-12 million offer for Pekovic. 

#80 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,391 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

I pretty much agree, but I don't think we can afford to pay Pekovic $14 million dollars...

I did a post earlier saying that if you combine the salaries of our current roster (including Henderson's qualifying offer and Zeller's contract [based off of last years 4th overall picks contract]), the team has roughly $10 million in cap space. If they amnesty Thomas, that number balloons to $18 million.

If the BuzzCats pay Pekovic $14 million dollars, they won't be able to fill out the roster after matching any offer that Henderson might get.

It's almost better to sign Hickson to a two year deal, and then go after Greg Monroe or DeMarcus Cousins next year.

I believe Pekovic is a guy worth paying 13-14mil a year. The man is an underrated Center in this league bc he plays in Minnesota. He brings energy and toughness each night. I watch quite a few of Minny's games bc my bro in law is a Minny fan. Pekovic has proven more so than Hickson. Even with Hickson playing well the last two seasons, it's still a risk paying that money. You gotta built for now, not the future. It's almost a guarantee that the Pistons are going to extend Monroe sometime soon and DeMarcus is going to get a lot, I mean a lot of attention once he becomes free. If we have to opportunity to land Pekovic, you dont think twice. He instantly become the best BIG man in your franchise. I also wouldnt worry too much about not being able to match any offer that Hendo may get. I really dont know if he's in the long term plan.

#81 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,391 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

Hickson completely deserves it, he's one of 7 players in the NBA that average a double double in points and rebounds. The other guys on that list all make 10+ million or will be shortly. 

It's possible that Minny won't match a 10-12 million offer for Pekovic. 

Yea, I really dont think that Minny will match a 10-12 mil offer for Pek. Rubio is much more important in their vision than Pek. They drafted Gorgui Dieng so that could pretty much means that already have something in plan if Pek leaves. The only way I see Pek staying, is if he chooses to stay.

#82 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,391 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Pekovic vs. Duncan

Having his way with Horford

#83 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,391 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

Hickson is more a PF than C, but the man has a damn good outside jumper

#84 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:50 PM

Much rather have pek

#85 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:38 AM

Pek is a true center and won't get pushed around.

Some things that bother me from that video is that he doesn't dunk when it would be the best thing to do and he seems to get blocked often, although looks like he pulls goal tending a lot so that's good.  Guy plays hard, he's not the prettiest by any stretch but he gets it done and I don't see him getting pushed around.

#86 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,353 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:09 AM

Pek is a true center and won't get pushed around.

Some things that bother me from that video is that he doesn't dunk when it would be the best thing to do and he seems to get blocked often, although looks like he pulls goal tending a lot so that's good.  Guy plays hard, he's not the prettiest by any stretch but he gets it done and I don't see him getting pushed around.

He's a monster at 290 pounds. He averaged 16 points on 52% shooting and 5 FTA per game. 

He shoots a ton of low quick shots and that's one of the reason's he's really successful in the low block. His lower shot does lead to blocked shots, but a ton of them end up being Goal tending because of how quickly his shot starts going down. 

#87 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,391 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:26 AM

He's a monster at 290 pounds. He averaged 16 points on 52% shooting and 5 FTA per game. 

He shoots a ton of low quick shots and that's one of the reason's he's really successful in the low block. His lower shot does lead to blocked shots, but a ton of them end up being Goal tending because of how quickly his shot starts going down. 

He said he benched press around 330lbs about 6 times.

#88 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

DRAFT JULIUS RANDLE

• HUDDLER
  • 3,134 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:52 AM

A newbie posting damn much.

Anybody else feeling a "BWOOD" around here other than me???

yo who is bwood

Sent from my SGH-T399 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#89 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,391 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:29 AM

yo who is bwood

Sent from my SGH-T399 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app