75 replies to this topic

#31 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

Number one im not debating jones and smith. Number two if youd rather have gonzo (who promised retirement all year last year) over olsen you are insane. Gonzo is another year older and another step slower.

#32 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

People do not understand how very very small of a talent difference there is from team to team in the nfl. qbs are the main seperators. You either have one or you dont. Cam is the only extremely talented qb in this league who has not been to the playoffs. Its put up or shut up time.

#33 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

People do not understand how very very small of a talent difference there is from team to team in the nfl. qbs are the main seperators. You either have one or you dont. Cam is the only extremely talented qb in this league who has not been to the playoffs. Its put up or shut up time.

You don't have to debate. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't. Matt Ryan doesn't have the best two seasons of a Qb in nfl history, Cam Newton Does. If you don't think he has vastly more weapons than Cam then you need to lay off the prescriptions.

This is the ultimate team sport it's not put up or shut up for any one player because he's been putting up he doesn't have the talent around him period.

#34 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

Not the best two year stretch ever, the best two years to start a career. Football is the ultimate team sport that is made by ONE player. Its time to win. Not to make excuses when we lose because we lack talent. Thats garbage.

#35 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,141 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

Football is the ultimate team sport that is made by ONE player.

Hmmmm.

#36 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,086 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

Now:
Brees
Ryan
Cam
Freeman

Future:
Cam
Freeman
Brees
Ryan

If I gotta win a game today, I'm taking Brees.

#37 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,500 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

Building Leaper wow read what you wrote real slowlike

#38 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

I dont know what you guys dont understand. The jaguars could have had the 85 bears on defense and still sucked last year. The saints had the WORST DEFENSE EVER last year and still went a respetable 7-9. Its a team game but everything hinges on your qb.

#39 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:52 PM

Building Leaper wow read what you wrote real slowlike

Which ramble btw?

#40 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

I dont know what you guys dont understand. The jaguars could have had the 85 bears on defense and still sucked last year. The saints had the WORST DEFENSE EVER last year and still went a respetable 7-9. Its a team game but everything hinges on your qb.

The Ravens won the Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer. The Bears went to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman. The Golden Calf of Bristol currently has more playoff wins than Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Andrew Luck, RG3, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker, and Josh Freeman combined all currently starting young qbs while The Golden Calf of Bristol is not. Also to your own words prove my point the Saints only went 7-9 because it is a team game. Meaning no matter how good your qb is it doesn't mean poo if there isn't a team around him. Too many times last year our QB walked off the field with a lead and walked into the locker room with a loss.

#41 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

I hope you dont think i think newton is bad. I just dont think roddy white and tg are better then smith and olsen. Id disagree about cam leaving with a lead and leaving the field with a loss. to me the goal of the team would be taking a knee and watching the clock run down, how many times did we take a knee and win a game last year?

#42 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,141 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez over Steve Smith and Greg Olsen? GTFO and go be a Falcons fan.

#43 Mycorona135

Mycorona135

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

I don't see Ryan or Freeman ever being better than Brees, Freeman might not even be a starter after this season. Cam is the only one who might pass him, and thats if he keeps progressing and doesn't plateau.

#44 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,771 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:28 AM

I don't see Ryan or Freeman ever being better than Brees, Freeman might not even be a starter after this season. Cam is the only one who might pass him, and thats if he keeps progressing and doesn't plateau.

You got that right on the button. If Cam becomes what is expected, there will become 3 time frames instead of the 2 we have now. Pre merger and post merger. When Cam gets down they will add Post Newton.

Cam has the potential to redefine the standards by which QBs are judged. And I can't believe I have a front row seat for this.

#45 PantherKyle

PantherKyle

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:42 AM

Right now:

Brees

Ryan

Cam

Freeman

Future potential/who I build a franchise around:

Cam/Ryan its close

Brees 

Freeman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.