Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Person's latest article. Decent Read on Robert Lester.

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Low risk/high reward player, I think the guy makes some contributions this season.

1 person likes this

Posted

As some in here have already pointed out, Lester went undrafted for a reason. Other than running a 4.6 (which isn't bad), Robert takes horrific angles at times, lacks athleticism and explosion, possesses stiff hips, weak man-to-man technique and manages to have mental breakdowns in coverage against good QBs.

His positives give me hope however (size, good football IQ, leadership qualities, solid zone coverage, ballhawking ability, etc).

2 people like this

Posted

As some in here have already pointed out, Lester went undrafted for a reason. Other than running a 4.6 (which isn't bad), Robert takes horrific angles at times, lacks athleticism and explosion, possesses stiff hips, weak man-to-man technique and manages to have mental breakdowns in coverage against good QBs.

His positives give me hope however (size, good football IQ, leadership qualities, solid zone coverage, ballhawking ability, etc).

Agreed.

He def has weaknesses and may not be ready yet. But, most of his issues can be coaches. Kid is a winner and has potential.

1 person likes this

Posted

If he earns the spot I'm okay with it but I think M. Mitchell is going to grab hold of the position once training camp start and Lester will end up being the backup behind him.

Posted

Our draft and post draft instantly got rid of 2 of the most worthless players on our team. Fua and Nakamura.

Posted

If he earns the spot I'm okay with it but I think M. Mitchell is going to grab hold of the position once training camp start and Lester will end up being the backup behind him.

I hope for the best for Lester but Mitchell winning the job should be the best hope for the secondary. Naka winning the worst.

Lester has the exposure to big moments but the impact plays were done by his teammates mostly. He has major limitations according to most reports and coming off a subpar season.

Posted

I wouldn't be opposed to our safeties being Godfrey, Mitchell, Campbell, Lester. Campbell got brutalized last year, but it wouldn't be wise to go off of a couple of games alone.

Posted

I hope for the best for Lester but Mitchell winning the job should be the best hope for the secondary. Naka winning the worst.

Lester has the exposure to big moments but the impact plays were done by his teammates mostly. He has major limitations according to most reports and coming off a subpar season.

I agree Nak being back there would be the worst thing for the team, hopefully both Mitchell and Lester keep showing a lot of promise so that Nak is cut loose or atleast only aloud to play Special Teams.

Posted

I know this off topic but I don't want to create a worthless thread but if you had to choose between Naka or Martin to start, who would you choose? I know majority of you will say neither but if you had to choose which one would you pick?

Posted

I know this off topic but I don't want to create a worthless thread but if you had to choose between Naka or Martin to start, who would you choose? I know majority of you will say neither but if you had to choose which one would you pick?

Easy...Martin.

Posted

Martin. I'd rather have Martin than a couple of our Ss.

Posted

Our draft and post draft instantly got rid of 2 of the most worthless players on our team. Fua and Nakamura.

This should be selected as best answer for this (and every) thread.