Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WSOC-TV to Broadcast the Pats-Panthers MNF Game in the Charlotte Market...but wait..it gets better

110 posts in this topic

Posted

NC was only "Redskins territory" because that's the way the media contracts played out.

Half the dipshits who still claim to be diehard Redskins fans because this is "Redskins country" are probably also diehard Braves fans. How does that work? Shouldn't they be Nats fans? Atlanta is far closer to most of NC than the DC area and a far closer cultural tie as well. This was never "Redskins country". The diehard Redskins fans simply expose themselves as people who will accept whatever the media feeds them. In other words, they're fuging idiots. Their opinion is not worth being heard.

4 people like this

Posted

if i remember correctly he doesn't live in NC or SC. I think he lives in Atlanta.

thats even worse, like i said, no wonder the nfl sunday ticket is so popular, for the real nfl fan

Posted

NC was only "Redskins territory" because that's the way the media contracts played out.

Half the dipshits who still claim to be diehard Redskins fans because this is "Redskins country" are probably also diehard Braves fans. How does that work? Shouldn't they be Nats fans? Atlanta is far closer to most of NC than the DC area and a far closer cultural tie as well. This was never "Redskins country". The diehard Redskins fans simply expose themselves as people who will accept whatever the media feeds them. In other words, they're fuging idiots. Their opinion is not worth being heard.

what? this was redskins and colts country from the 50's and 60's, these oldtime longstanding fans of the nfl loved their teams and still do. by your reasoning anyone without a team in their region isnt a true fan, and this coming from someone who probably didnt even watch the nfl until the panthers came to charlotte. you have no idea of what you speak.

Posted

From the picture, it sure does look like people are upset to only get to watch the Panthers and you can clearly see how much it hurts business.  

post-13913-0-62419400-1372074226_thumb.j

3 people like this

Posted

if i remember correctly he doesn't live in NC or SC. I think he lives in Atlanta.

Nope...from Charlotte and live in Charlotte.  

3 people like this

Posted

Yes....we are in downtown Charlotte and we have over 1700 people that come through on all the home games. And yes, when the Panthers are on that is the ONLY game I show and the only sound you'll hear (except for music during the commercials). And no, there are no other bars in downtown that host more people than we do on game days. So....if you're trying to make a funny, sarcastic comment about my business decisions....it seems to be working out pretty well for me. If you care enough to have to watch another game while the Panthers are on then you're not the kind of person we'd want to join us anyway.

YouTube fail.

What I was trying to express is "I love this bar".

1 person likes this

Posted

Meh, I'll be at the MNF game so it doesn't matter to me who's broadcasting it....

Posted

During the Thanksgiving holiday trip to the outer banks of NC, who do we discover the local Fox NFL broadcast covers? Not the in state Panthers...... the f-in Redskins....Makes me sick! 

Posted

From the picture, it sure does look like people are upset to only get to watch the Panthers and you can clearly see how much it hurts business.

Panthers vs Packers 9.18.11 104.JPG

Is that Cans? Awesome place, ever going to open it on away game days?

Posted

Panthers vs Packers 9.18.11 104.JPG

What is the name if your bar. Couple of buddies and I are looking for a new venue to watch the away Panthers games.

We used to frequent Stool Pigeons downtown, but it is not as good as it used to be....changed ownership.

I would rather give my patronage and money to a true and die hard Panthers fan.

Posted

Is that Cans? Awesome place, ever going to open it on away game days?

Yes, it is. I've played around with the idea of the away games this year. I like to go to away games so we will see....

2 people like this