Photo
- - - - -

WSOC-TV to Broadcast the Pats-Panthers MNF Game in the Charlotte Market...but wait..it gets better

Best Answer CatMan72, 24 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

Here's a link to WSOC-TV's feedback submission form, let them know what you think about airing Foreskin games in our market. 

http://www.wsoctv.co...299/4adad34b45/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#46 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

you're a real accomadating barkeep aren't you. so you actually have people come to your bar to watch the panthers, when they are on local every sunday, and also have the added attraction of not being able to watch any of the other games. i bet u have a booming crowd. no wonder the nfl sunday ticket is so popular.

You do know in NE, there is only one football game on every Sunday when the Pats are playing,  yes?  ...and it isn't the Bill, Jets or Giants.

Try finding the Bears in GB.

When NC starts doing this, the Panthers will start growing fans and traditional. 

#47 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

Cans off 5th?  that's a hop and a skip from my place..  best offseason thread yet.  

oh, and fug the redskins....

#48 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,952 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

The website says its closed?

#49 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,783 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

one of my favorite panthers-redskins preseason memories:

It's always fun to kick some Redskin a**...almost as fun to do the same thing with the Steelers  :)

#50 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,901 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

It's always fun to kick some Redskin a**...almost as fun to do the same thing with the Steelers  :)

i know it's only preseason and all that but any time the panthers whup some redskin ass is cause for celebration.  i was there and you could tell even then that we had something in that team.

it's also a fun memory for me because a redskins fan i knew from work at the time was going and he said, and i quote: "we're gonna whip that panther pussy ass".

#51 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 17,952 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

I loved the time Jake scrambled and jukes Deangelo Hall out of his shoes for the game clinching first down.

#52 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,121 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

ah my mistake. I remember a thread you started about getting panthers down to florida, thought you said you lived in atlanta.

but good on you for the panthers only bar.

No worries.  I'm in Charlotte but I take a big group down to ATL for the game each year.  That's probably where you got that from.  

I could never live in that city just because of the Falcons.  I'd want to smack every "fan" I see wearing a #7 Mike Vick jersey.  

#53 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,121 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

The website says its closed?

www.facebook.com/pages/CansRecycled is the page we started using for home games.  We were using a regular page but I'm in the process of shutting that down  http://on.fb.me/1306ZwA

#54 Miiikey

Miiikey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationSun Diego

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

I ONLY show the Panthers' games at my bar during all the home games.  People always ask me to switch a few TVs to the other games and I refuse.  I'm so sick of hearing about bars that are a "Pats bar", or a "Steelers bar".  My bar is a PANTHERS BAR.  If you're wanting to watch the other games then we're not for you.  I can't stand bars in Charlotte, especially in the downtown area, that don't go all out for the Panthers on home games.  

Good for you! I would like to hear of more bars like yours doing that.

I'm a regular at my local Chilis which is therefore generic, but in Charger territory. Thankfully I'm cool with the bartenders and demand they show my Panthers games on the middle screen (usually at a different time to Charger games anyway).. They have a lot of money lost if they lose my business lol

#55 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,121 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

Good for you! I would like to hear of more bars like yours doing that.

I'm a regular at my local Chilis which is therefore generic, but in Charger territory. Thankfully I'm cool with the bartenders and demand they show my Panthers games on the middle screen (usually at a different time to Charger games anyway).. They have a lot of money lost if they lose my business lol

Nice!  I spent three years in Philly and of course had to go to a bar for every game.  The Panthers always got the worst TV, obviously with no sound.  When I moved home I was shocked at how many bars in downtown represent other teams.  It's complete crap.  I know the Bobcats suck, but it's equally as bad when I go out to a bar and they don't even have the game on TV!?!?!  Local business owners need to buy into, and support our local teams to help build a sports culture.  Until they do that....BoA Stadium will always be well represented by opposing fans.  

#56 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,093 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

I'm moving to Houston, TX in a few months.  Gonna have to find me a bar to watch Panthers games.  Not looking forward to the search.

#57 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 17,952 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

Nice! I spent three years in Philly and of course had to go to a bar for every game. The Panthers always got the worst TV, obviously with no sound. When I moved home I was shocked at how many bars in downtown represent other teams. It's complete crap. I know the Bobcats suck, but it's equally as bad when I go out to a bar and they don't even have the game on TV!?!?! Local business owners need to buy into, and support our local teams to help build a sports culture. Until they do that....BoA Stadium will always be well represented by opposing fans.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

#58 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 17,952 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

I'm moving to Houston, TX in a few months. Gonna have to find me a bar to watch Panthers games. Not looking forward to the search.

Not sure about football. But, during baseball season go to The Bus, outside of Minute Maid park. Holy moly the fine ass at that place is incredible.

#59 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

Typically when I've been out of town and wanting to watch the game i just go to a big sports bar and ask.. I've never had an issue with it.

#60 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 6,746 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

I'm moving to Houston, TX in a few months.  Gonna have to find me a bar to watch Panthers games.  Not looking forward to the search.

I know the feeling. I lived in Philly for a while and i could only find one bar that played Panthers games, but i had to request it. It was a fuging bitch, took me 45 minutes to get to the bar cause i had to walk then take SEPTA to get there since i didn't want to drink and drive and it was in west philly. It was a fuging hassle but i never missed a game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.