#33 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,175 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:39 AM

Here are a very upset Dewhurst’s full remarks to the chamber and press:

“Members, the constitutional time for the first called session for the 83rd Legislature has expired. Senate Bill 5 cannot be signed in the presence of the Senate at this time and therefore cannot be enrolled. It’s been fun, but, uh, see you soon.

“I know it’s late and I’m sorry but I’ve got a couple of sentence I want to say and that’s really all I want to say for this evening. This is the most incredible thing I’ve ever seen in my life. An unruly mob using Occupy Wall Street tactics has tried all day to derail legislation that has been intended to protect the lives and the safety of women and babies. SB 5 passed 19-10 but with all the ruckus and noise going on I couldn’t adjourn sine die pending completion of administrative duties. And right now I cannot sign the … bill. So I’m very frustrated.

“I didn’t lose control over what we were doing, we had an unruly mob of hundreds if not a thousand people in here who were screaming and yelling and we couldn’t communicate with our members.”

emot-qq.gif

#34 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

the whole point of the debate is that it's not cut-and-dried human life. you're framing the argument like it's "to kill human life or not to kill, that's the question of the hour" with liberals sharpening the baby knives and republicans grabbing shields to stop them. maybe you could try acknowledging that there is a legitimate philosophical debate as to when life starts and ends. it might clear your lens of reasoning and enter the mainstream relevancy in a national dialogue instead of standing on the fringe demanding justice for babykillers.

that being said, this is one issue that i tend to be fairly conservative on. i think, for ethical reasons, that erring on the side of caution is a solid plan, and i'm all for term limits on abortions past the age of viability.

WIth constant advances in science, the "age" of viability has shifted.  Do you need some measurement criteria to judge if someone lives or dies?  If so, what?  Are you willing to support/pass laws that require this measurement prior to every abortion that is near the cut off date?  I can assure you a lot of very vocal persons would not be.  In order to put teeth to your belief, you have to make tough decisions on where/what/how you decide on who's worthy of the civil protections of the federal government.  There is no pre-birth APGAR system to date. 

#35 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

Filibuster worked.  Good for them.  Perry is forced to call another session if needing to pass. 

#36 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,348 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:47 AM

Shame on them for trying this crap. You gotta be kidding me

Immediately following the vote, Republicans insisted they had started voting before the midnight deadline and passed the bill that Democrats spent much of Tuesday filibustering. But after official computer records and printouts of the voting record showed the vote took place Wednesday, and then were changed to read Tuesday, the senators convened for a private meeting.

and kudos to Davis for a marathon filibuster 

http://www.wcnc.com/.../213111911.html

#37 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:48 AM

Perry should simply call a special session and get it done.  Let them filibuster again. 

#38 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,558 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

Filibuster worked. Good for them. Perry is forced to call another session if needing to pass.

The Filibuster AND hundreds of Texas citizens chanting so the session could not proceed. The Republicans tried every under handed trick in the book, and were shouted down by the people.

"Come and take it!" was my favorite chant.

Good luck over there on the wrong side of history.

#39 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

Good luck supporting death of fetuses over 20 weeks old.

#40 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,558 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

Don't you have some poor teenage girl to shout at on the street?

I always admire the passion and blind conviction of Fundamintalist groups. It's y'all's terror techniques and hijacking of laws I can't stand.

#41 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

Its not right. Its murder at that point I believe.

#42 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

Don't you have some poor teenage girl to shout at on the street?

Surprised you aren't driving in poor areas looking for teenage girls showing to offer them a ride to the clinic. 

#43 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,958 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

ANYONE who supports aborting fetuses that are over 20 weeks is a fuging moron. 

#44 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,558 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

Its not right. Its murder at that point I believe.

That's why you should never have one.

#45 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,958 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

That's why you should never have one.

We all hope and pray that you never have one....the gene pool can't stand that much dillution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com