127 replies to this topic

#1 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

I normally never post articles. Well I was bored at work and found this article concerning the rushing attack.  http://www.nfl.com/n...s-rushing-again

I would truly like I offense to utlize our running backs. We don't have to throw out the option completely but show some balance on offense. I am not very high on seeing our QB hit on every play.

#2 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

Plus there is a nice little video segment with Smitty..Enjoy!

#3 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:06 PM

not less read option plays. just less times cam keeps it. if cam isn't 100% sure he should keep it, give it away.

that's what i read.

#4 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,538 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

all depends on o-line play and using less read option.

cam won't scramble for yards as much with steady o-line play and limiting the read option won't give him as many opportunities. 

#5 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,995 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

This topic has been debated and argued enough.

Let's just all agree to wait and see what the offense looks like when they start playing reg season games.

#6 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,538 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

i will also add cam has 40 passing tds not 30+ like the article stated.  40 passing tds and 22 rushing tds for 62 total tds in his first two years is ridiculous.

#7 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,809 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

Balance. Cam not leading the team in rushing does not mean he will not run at all.

Shula knows Cam better than any other coach on the team. Cam's running threat will still be there.

#8 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

Balance. Cam not leading the team in rushing does not mean he will not run at all.

Shula knows Cam better than any other coach on the team. Cam's running threat will still be there.

I agree....... he wan't be the leading rusher this year ( I expect one of the RBs to have 1,000 + yds  season ) but that doesn't mean he want rush for a good amount of yards............ i still expect him to have around 600-800yds this season....it might even increase with a better O-line , RBs and  improved receiving corp will giving opposing defense hard time due to multiple option to defend.

#9 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

he'll still definitely pull it on goal-to-go situations

#10 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

I'm all in favor of the read option so long as Cam doesn't mess it up a lot like last season. It's scary to me every time Cam gets hit, and especially when he's in the pocket.

#11 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,809 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

I agree....... he wan't be the leading rusher this year ( I expect one of the RBs to have 1,000 + yds  season ) but that doesn't mean he want rush for a good amount of yards............ i still expect him to have around 600-800yds this season....it might even increase with a better O-line , RBs and  improved receiving corp will giving opposing defense hard time due to multiple option to defend.

Disagree with your numbers. Cam had 741 yards rushing last year. If we are to properly rediscover our running game through our RB's there is no way he can get more than 400-500 and still allow us to have a 1,000 yard rusher too.

#12 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,724 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

he'll still definitely pull it on goal-to-go situations

Tolbert

#13 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,495 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

i have no problem with scaling down the qb sneaks and bootlegs at the goal line

because we'll be passing it in

#14 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,809 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

Not trying to single you out here sorry.

To elaborate further on the subject. I looked at the rushing leaders from last season. The only QB who had more rushing yards than Cam was Robert Griffin (815), and it's certainly arguable that this lead to his playoff injury.

The only other QB that was even close to Cam in the rushing stats was Russell Wilson with what I would consider for his abilities a reasonable number of yards at 489. Obviously this worked well for the Seahawks yes?

No other QB made the top 40 in rushing numbers.

That is where we need to be, and such goes back to what I was referring to as "balance".

#15 lovelett

lovelett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, Florida

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

Tolbert

This. That was the reason for bringing Tolbert in right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com