Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newton not to lead rushing with Panthers

128 posts in this topic

Posted

What I found most interesting about this article is the fact that our option attack averaged 6.21 yards last season.  I just did not see that kind of effectiveness.  Maybe Mike Tanier counted Cam's hits (when he decided to  keep it) behind the line as a sack rather than a run for a loss.  

Posted

Yes he actually nearly matched his rushing yards for 2011. What'd it get us, one more win?

My point was, if he runs for that many yards we're going nowhere once again. I don't want that.

There's a reason no other teams QB had that many rushing yards and remained reasonably healthy.

Actually, we have literally been a play away from being a team with a pretty good record.

Those legs have given us a shot to walk away with a win in neary every game....despite holes all over the team the last 2 years.

No other team has ever had a QB built and athletic enough to run like Cam. Comparing Cam to QBs he doesn't compare to is a waste.

Posted

Actually, we have literally been a play away from being a team with a pretty good record.

Those legs have given us a shot to walk away with a win in neary every game....despite holes all over the team the last 2 years.

No other team has ever had a QB built and athletic enough to run like Cam. Comparing Cam to QBs he doesn't compare to is a waste.

Not telling me anything I don't already know. Cam doesn't need to be the work horse. Let him be the QB.

I'm not arguing that he should stop running altogether. I just want our backs to earn their money. Oh and people keep talking about Cam is so big and durable. That's great and all for now, but he's not getting younger from here.

Posted

Not to mention most of Cam's rushing yards came off terrible pass protection that forced him to scramble. Its not like they designed the offense around cam leading the rushing.

Yep broken plays is where Cam is dangerous. To me we will need more production from the OL to run the ball in a conventional way. We really need a road grader at right guard .

Posted

i will also add cam has 40 passing tds not 30+ like the article stated.  40 passing tds and 22 rushing tds for 62 total tds in his first two years is ridiculous.

sounds pretty, but considering he has never had a comeback win, and has blown several wins with horrific play at the end of games, and has never quarterbacked a winning season, do you think they might be considering moving him to tight end? would love to hear yalls comments, because lets face it, he's a great open field runner. god, i must be a genious!

Posted

please no, the read option needs to die.  I'd like Cam to make it to the post season.

Posted

sounds pretty, but considering he has never had a comeback win, and has blown several wins with horrific play at the end of games, and has never quarterbacked a winning season, do you think they might be considering moving him to tight end? would love to hear yalls comments, because lets face it, he's a great open field runner. god, i must be a genious!

you should try trolling in a different way, because this is a boring conversation.

Posted

How many alts does grits have here, holy poo. Hey mods?????

Posted

Not telling me anything I don't already know. Cam doesn't need to be the work horse. Let him be the QB.

I'm not arguing that he should stop running altogether. I just want our backs to earn their money. Oh and people keep talking about Cam is so big and durable. That's great and all for now, but he's not getting younger from here.

Guys need to step up or better we need to get real talent ...Cam doesn't need to shift into a lower gear.

People think Double Trouble of 2008 and Smith of 05 exist....they don't.

DeAngelo Williams didn't need more carries in 2012. He wasn't impressive last year overall and often his touches hurt us. Some of that was OL and playcalling.....and some is Williams is an old RB.

Double Trouble can't earn their money. That has nothing to do with Cam running. When you pay 2 RBs featured RB money you create your own problem. Maybe if we inserted Jimmy and ran them all game they might....but they aren't young enough or healthy enough

Posted

I agree....... he wan't be the leading rusher this year ( I expect one of the RBs to have 1,000 + yds  season ) but that doesn't mean he want rush for a good amount of yards............ i still expect him to have around 600-800yds this season....it might even increase with a better O-line , RBs and  improved receiving corp will giving opposing defense hard time due to multiple option to defend.

tried to figure this out, about the only thing i can say is, have you considered repeating the third grade again?

Posted

How many alts does grits have here, holy poo. Hey mods?????

hey hey hold on.  we've had some success with a quarterback conversion project against the redskins

1 person likes this

Posted

Guys need to step up or better we need to get real talent ...Cam doesn't need to shift into a lower gear.

People think Double Trouble of 2008 and Smith of 05 exist....they don't.

DeAngelo Williams didn't need more carries in 2012. He wasn't impressive last year overall and often his touches hurt us. Some of that was OL and playcalling.....and some is Williams is an old RB.

Double Trouble can't earn their money. That has nothing to do with Cam running. When you pay 2 RBs featured RB money you create your own problem. Maybe if we inserted Jimmy and ran them all game they might....but they aren't young enough or healthy enough

I'm not sure if you're referring to me or not, but I assure you I'm not expecting 2008 double trouble.