• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#16 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:23 AM

when you think of how far technology on earth has come in even just the last 25 years or so, it's not hard to imagine how life forms of any types on any other planet could be so far advanced compared to us even if they were just a thousand years older than us or something.  I need to see it to believe it, but I surely can't doubt that there's something out there, somewhere.

#17 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,122 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:39 AM

People always act like it's a forgone conclusion that if there is alien life, they are logically way more advanced than us. There almost certainly is life outside of Earth, and it's probably a planet of sloths and sheep and plants. Human beings evolved due to pretty specific circumstances that may never happen again in the history of this universe or any other.

#18 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:02 AM

People always act like it's a forgone conclusion that if there is alien life, they are logically way more advanced than us. There almost certainly is life outside of Earth, and it's probably a planet of sloths and sheep and plants. Human beings evolved due to pretty specific circumstances that may never happen again in the history of this universe or any other.

Considering there are probably billions of planets with life, I'm not sure it's so improbable.

#19 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

Not sure if anything like this is true, I hope it is, but the population will never accept it because it would flip their religious views upside down most likely.   That is unless an actual UFO invasion happens Independence Day style happens.  

#20 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,923 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

In my opinion I'd say it's definitely a significant probability that there are vastly more intelligent life-forms out there, especially when you consider the fractal nature of the universe. When you take into account the extremely narrow bandwidth of frequency we as a human species operates in - 0.005 of the entire electromagnetic spectrum - that almost certainly raises the possibility of other life-forms existing in different fashions and "dimensions" within the remaining 99.995% of reality that we are not privy to. Like I said in a post on the previous page...think of it along the lines of a bat, who has not the ability to recognize our existence in the first place. Sure, we've evolved as we have due to unique environmental circumstances, but in the end that's really not saying much. We grew as we did because of the circumstances present...just as any other sentient creature would evolve in the necessary manners that correspond to their current environment. To suggest that we are the smartest thing out there is a little more than naive, and is a statistical impossibility. If only our 5 senses weren't so extremely limited we'd probably have the answers to all these riddles by now.

#21 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

Also, you have to remember that its not just a problem of distance, but of time. The alien race would have to exist at the same time as us, & be close enough to have picked up signals from us. (Not to mention have an interest in us.)

#22 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:11 AM

I believe we're the aliens, or that we're the biologically engineered byproduct of a higher alien intelligence.

There is such a rapid curve in our species' evolutionary advancement in comparison to other species that I believe it is inexplicable without foreign, intelligent, variables.

Also, as venom kinda mentioned, I see evidence in artwork, megaliths, etc. and also the inexplicable "soul" or consciousness every person has some sort of individual form of.

Many folks know I am pretty hard line pro-science, but there are still things about the human mind/existence/self awareness/consciousness that science has yet to explain to me.

I can't even begin to try to describe intelligent extraterrestrial life, other than to suggest that we as humans need to humble ourselves and accept that there could be other examples of it in our near-infinite universe.

I just believe extraterrestrial intelligence exists. I guess it makes more sense for me, on some level, to believe that over man-made/self-serving spiritualisms.

#23 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,767 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

To believe we are the most advanced beings in this universe thats billions of years old is absurd.....not all beings evolve at the same rate...im pretty sure our perception is very limited and honestly most of us cant even explain how electricity works so how can we come to the conclusion that other life is too far to make contact....we are by far not the universe's experts 

I know what you mean, but evolution doesn't work like that.  More evolved doesn't equal more advanced or more intelligent.  Time is only a small variable in how organisms evolve.

#24 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

I would think that regardless of the part of the EM spectrum other creatures see or rather sense in, the matter we interact with would still be the same. For example, we can't see microwaves but they still heat our food. I don't think that is the same as extra dimensional. I try to picture it like the fisherman in the boat and the fish in the sea. The water is the fish's universe. Everything he will ever need or will ever meet is in it.

#25 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

Question, if i was to launch a probe from earth toward a distant star. Then I was to travel to that star faster than light or even instantaneously to that same star and look back towards earth would I be able to see myself launch the probe?

#26 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

I would think that regardless of the part of the EM spectrum other creatures see or rather sense in, the matter we interact with would still be the same. For example, we can't see microwaves but they still heat our food. I don't think that is the same as extra dimensional. I try to picture it like the fisherman in the boat and the fish in the sea. The water is the fish's universe. Everything he will ever need or will ever meet is in it.

What happens when the fish is taken out of the ocean and placed in an aquarium?

#27 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,957 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

45822-steve-jobs-mind-blown-gif-hZcl.gif

#28 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

EXACTLY!!!!

#29 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,923 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

Also, you have to remember that its not just a problem of distance, but of time. The alien race would have to exist at the same time as us, & be close enough to have picked up signals from us. (Not to mention have an interest in us.)

Apparently when you get into the higher realms of conscious existence, the concepts of time, matter, and distance are not as we know them in our narrow bandwidth of reality. Really when you get down to it, time isn't real anyways...which opens up the doorway to all kinds of different thought-processes you can examine these notions with.

#30 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

Question, if i was to launch a probe from earth toward a distant star. Then I was to travel to that star faster than light or even instantaneously to that same star and look back towards earth would I be able to see myself launch the probe?

No, because the stars you're seeing in the sky likely burned up a long, long time ago. So when you travel to the location in which the star existed, you'd likely find literal nothingness, like, a black hole.

Hypothetically, as you got closer and closer to the star, you'd see it going supernova and the subsequent processes like you were watching a movie in extreme fast forward.

This would be the case if you went faster than the speed of light or even instantly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com