97 replies to this topic

#31 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

These thoughts and discussions always make me want to go listen to The Contortionist.

lmao

#32 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

No, because the stars you're seeing in the sky likely burned up a long, long time ago. So when you travel to the location in which the star existed, you'd likely find literal nothingness, like, a black hole.

Hypothetically, as you got closer and closer to the star, you'd see it going supernova and the subsequent processes like you were watching a movie in extreme fast forward.

This would be the case if you went faster than the speed of light or even instantly.

I got all that, the distances between stars are vast etc, etc. that's not the point of the question I am posing. It is a time travel question. Essentially, if it were possible to beat the light that illuminates my actions and thus allows people to see me, could I then see myself. Basically looking back in time. And furthermore, what if I could somehow send a message back to myself instantaneously would I be sending a message back in time?

I called into a physics radio station so hopefully I will get it answered!!!!

#33 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,797 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

I would think that regardless of the part of the EM spectrum other creatures see or rather sense in, the matter we interact with would still be the same. For example, we can't see microwaves but they still heat our food. I don't think that is the same as extra dimensional. I try to picture it like the fisherman in the boat and the fish in the sea. The water is the fish's universe. Everything he will ever need or will ever meet is in it.

I think you just accidentally helped illustrate my point, haha.

#34 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,797 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

These thoughts and discussions always make me want to go listen to The Contortionist.

lmao

For me here lately its been these guys :)

#35 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

I think you just accidentally helped illustrate my point, haha.

How so? Mind you, I believe in extra dimensional beings. But I was trying to illustrate how everything in our universe is there whether we see it as light or not. Like the fish can't see the salt dissolved in water. The salt has been broken down at a molecular level. It still interacts with it though.

The fish does not interact with people even though people interact with it. They exist in two different dimensions. The tools that the fisherman uses to interact with the fish are not out of the fish perception, they don't exist in its universe

#36 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

I got all that, the distances between stars are vast etc, etc. that's not the point of the question I am posing. It is a time travel question. Essentially, if it were possible to beat the light that illuminates my actions and thus allows people to see me, could I then see myself. Basically looking back in time. And furthermore, what if I could somehow send a message back to myself instantaneously would I be sending a message back in time?

I called into a physics radio station so hopefully I will get it answered!!!!

Even if you were to instantly travel to another spot in the universe, you'd be looking at the Earth a long, long time ago. So no, theoretically it still wouldn't work.

This is solely based on your individual light perception. Even if you somehow manipulate space/time from YOUR perspective, you can't change the actual physics of the working universe.

#37 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

Even if you were to instantly travel to another spot in the universe, you'd be looking at the Earth a long, long time ago. So no, theoretically it still wouldn't work.

This is solely based on your individual light perception. Even if you somehow manipulate space/time from YOUR perspective, you can't change the actual physics of the working universe.

Okay so pretend that I am immortal and will live forever. And I wait the requisite time until I would have sent the probe. THEN could I see it?

#38 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

Plausible.

However, I'd hate to see size of your food/water storage.

#39 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,797 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

How so? Mind you, I believe in extra dimensional beings. But I was trying to illustrate how everything in our universe is there whether we see it as light or not. Like the fish can't see the salt dissolved in water. The salt has been broken down at a molecular level. It still interacts with it though.

The fish does not interact with people even though people interact with it. They exist in two different dimensions. The tools that the fisherman uses to interact with the fish are not out of the fish perception, they don't exist in its universe

I agree with all of that. The entire frequency range of EM activity exists all around us all the time, but we only have the ability to experience and comprehend a very small portion of it, just like a fish does with water even though the greater reality outside the pond is unbelievably more vast. The fish cannot interact with us on a par that is equivalent to our interaction with it, because of their limited senses of perception.

This video should offer a little bit more clarity on what i'm trying to portray...

#40 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

Plausible.

However, I'd hate to see size of your food/water storage.

Lol, food/water storage.

But that is interesting concept, N'est-ce pas?

#41 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,797 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

Okay so pretend that I am immortal and will live forever. And I wait the requisite time until I would have sent the probe. THEN could I see it?

You already are immortal and will live forever.

#42 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

For example.

Proxima Centauri, the next closest star other than Sol, is @ 4.2421 light years away.

that's @4.2421 light years x @6,000,000,000,000 miles/light year

that's @25,452,600,000,000 miles and Julian years away.

Therefore, if you go there instantaneously, you'd have to sit around @25 and a half trillion years to get your message.

I hope it is an important one.

The best possible solution would to be to travel back in time 25 and a half trillion years to the point of the universe in which Earth hangs, send your message, and then go back @51 trillion years to where that that star hangs and get your message pretty quick. Quick being subjective, of course. lol

#43 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

I agree with all of that. The entire frequency range of EM activity exists all around us all the time, but we only have the ability to experience and comprehend a very small portion of it, just like a fish does with water even though the greater reality outside the pond is unbelievably more vast. The fish cannot interact with us on a par that is equivalent to our interaction with it, because of their limited senses of perception.

This video should offer a little bit more clarity on what i'm trying to portray...

Lol, cute vid. Even the part where he fingered the little Ms PAC-man creature. Good thing Mr PAC-man didn't see it!,

#44 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

This video should offer a little bit more clarity on what i'm trying to portray...

You're talking about extra dimensions, not the electromagnetic spectrum.  Though we cant process the EM spectrum with our senses (outside of the small visible light range), we interact with EM radiation all the time and have made machines and instruments which detect and measure virtually the entire spectrum.

Extra dimensions on the other hand are a complete unknown to us.  We exist separately

#45 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,047 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

Speaking of other dimensions/ghosts/EM check out this video. Very creepy stuff, although of course there's the possibility it's a fake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.