97 replies to this topic

#46 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

People always act like it's a forgone conclusion that if there is alien life, they are logically way more advanced than us. There almost certainly is life outside of Earth, and it's probably a planet of sloths and sheep and plants. Human beings evolved due to pretty specific circumstances that may never happen again in the history of this universe or any other.

I think this is the really interesting part of the equation.  Of all the different species that have resulted from evolution, humans are completely and totally unique in their consciousness and culture, and its really difficult to gauge how rare those traits would be.

Looking at earth on a timeline:

• 4.5 billion years ago the earth formed and
  • 4 billion years ago basic single celled life formed (earth had to cool down and stuff), this starts photosynthesis which oxygenates the atmosphere
  • 1.5 billion years ago, multi-cellular life finally forms. Most scientists think it took so long because because the planet was not quite warm enough (the sun wasnt as hot back then)
  • 530 million (0.53 bil) years ago, the Cambrian explosion starts, evolution goes into overdrive and life proliferates and diversifies
  • Modern humans come around about 200,000 years ago

#47 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,925 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

You're talking about extra dimensions, not the electromagnetic spectrum.  Though we cant process the EM spectrum with our senses (outside of the small visible light range), we interact with EM radiation all the time and have made machines and instruments which detect and measure virtually the entire spectrum.

Extra dimensions on the other hand are a complete unknown to us.  We exist separately

I would argue otherwise, and suggest that dimensions are no more than different pockets of conscious experience found within the same all-encompassing electromagnetic spectrum that makes up all that is. Sure, we can interact with different esoteric forms of radiation in this reality, but only to the extent that we can comprehend it with our limited senses.

#48 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

People always act like it's a forgone conclusion that if there is alien life, they are logically way more advanced than us. There almost certainly is life outside of Earth, and it's probably a planet of sloths and sheep and plants. Human beings evolved due to pretty specific circumstances that may never happen again in the history of this universe or any other.

I think you're absolutely right.  But in all fairness people usually think about this in the context of intelligent life that contacts us.  In that regard it's safe to say that they'd be a lot more intelligent.

This assume, of course, that any sufficiently advanced alien would even want to communicate with us.  The analogy I've always liked is building a road.  Do we try to explain to every ant colony we come across what a highway is and why we're building it?

#49 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,496 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

I would argue otherwise, and suggest that dimensions are no more than different pockets of conscious experience found within the same all-encompassing electromagnetic spectrum that makes up all that is. Sure, we can interact with different esoteric forms of radiation in this reality, but only to the extent that we can comprehend it with our limited senses.

Hahahahahahahah!!!!!!!

#50 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,925 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

I'm not sure why it is continuously noted that such an advanced species would have no interest in us. That seems a little counterintuitive if you ask me, especially when paralleled to our situation. We are an extremely unique species, existing under a wide range of exclusive parameters defined through language, culture, and belief systems...not to mention the planet earth is very idiosyncratic in itself, which should be a cause for much attention. Because of this, I would think that the level of interest in us would be extraordinary.

#51 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,925 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:15 PM

Hahahahahahahah!!!!!!!

?

#52 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

I'm not sure why it is continuously noted that such an advanced species would have no interest in us. That seems a little counterintuitive if you ask me, especially when paralleled to our situation. We are an extremely unique species, existing under a wide range of exclusive parameters defined through language, culture, and belief systems...not to mention the planet earth is very idiosyncratic in itself, which should be a cause for much attention. Because of this, I would think that the level of interest in us would be extraordinary.

They might be interested in us, but probably not enough to want to try and communicate with us.  Study us? Sure.  

I could be wrong though.  Maybe we don't communicate with ants because we're not smart enough to figure out how.  Perhaps if it were easy we'd try to communicate with all sorts of animals.

#53 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,496 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

?

Sorry...I should have been more clear.

You are an interesting guy.  But you are completely bat poo crazy.

#54 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

How many cameras are out there now in any given location at any given time including cell phones.

All those cameras, not one picture if an alien ship

Odd.

#55 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,426 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

Man I've missed these types of threads/venom.  Even if I find so much stuff regarding topics like these hard to believe, the posts make me research the stuff and I'm always amazed. 

#56 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,925 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:43 PM

They might be interested in us, but probably not enough to want to try and communicate with us.  Study us? Sure.  

I could be wrong though.  Maybe we don't communicate with ants because we're not smart enough to figure out how.  Perhaps if it were easy we'd try to communicate with all sorts of animals.

What makes you assume such a conclusion? Considering how incredibly profound and unique we are as a species - biologically and culturally - one could only draw the logical conclusion that contact with us through whatever means possible would be highly sought after. It's no different than our constant communication (attempts) with dolphin and other creatures that are higher up on the intelligence totem pole.

Besides, unless the hundreds of thousands of eye-witness testimonies; insider leaks; and released gov't documentation is somehow a vastly orchestrated fraud going back centuries, then they've already been visiting us and communicating with us for quite some time now.

#57 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,925 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Sorry...I should have been more clear.

You are an interesting guy.  But you are completely bat poo crazy.

tumblr_m7ftk1pPtv1rzq655o1_500.jpg

:) :) :)

#58 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,925 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

How many cameras are out there now in any given location at any given time including cell phones.

All those cameras, not one picture if an alien ship

Odd.

Have you not read anything in this thread?

#59 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

What makes you assume such a conclusion? Considering how incredibly profound and unique we are as a species - biologically and culturally - one could only draw the logical conclusion that contact with us through whatever means possible would be highly sought after. It's no different than our constant communication (attempts) with dolphin and other creatures that are higher up on the intelligence totem pole.

Besides, unless the hundreds of thousands of eye-witness testimonies; insider leaks; and released gov't documentation is somehow a vastly orchestrated fraud going back centuries, then they've already been visiting us and communicating with us for quite some time now.

Are we profound and unique though?  That's a big assumption.  For all we know there are millions of other species out there very similar to us.  

And I think we've had enough discussions in the past to know that I'm not buying in to that 2nd paragraph.

#60 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,496 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

tumblr_m7ftk1pPtv1rzq655o1_500.jpg

:) :) :)

Should have said....

The thing about crazy mother fugers is that they sound crazy to sane mother fugers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com