#61 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,923 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

Are we profound and unique though?  That's a big assumption.  For all we know there are millions of other species out there very similar to us.  

And I think we've had enough discussions in the past to know that I'm not buying in to that 2nd paragraph.

Of course we are. I think one significant factor is that we're not "mechanical" like the rest of nature seemingly is...although there's a good few of you on here that make me wonder at times ;). We are a creator species; we build our worlds around us through the power of the imagination. We all live on the same planet in the same universe, however psychologically we all reside in our own unique realities we've bestowed upon ourselves, configured through our belief systems, emotional states, and interpretations of the electromagnetic landscape. We are a very peculiar race of beings, which one can only assume would attract an intense level of interest...as can potentially be displayed through the all the stories and official documentation of ET interaction over the centuries.

#62 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,923 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

Should have said....

The thing about crazy mother fugers is that they sound crazy to sane mother fugers

...As I was saying :P

#63 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,209 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

...As I was saying :P

No one is really sure what you are saying....just the ramblings of a very disturbed person. :sick:  :thumbsu:

#64 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,923 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

No one is really sure what you are saying....just the ramblings of a very disturbed person. :sick:  :thumbsu:

Damn, really? I thought I was doing a pretty good job at explaining it all in layman's terms :(

#65 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

FWIW I completely get what venom is talking about.

Maybe if he phrased it like "BAAAAA BAAA BAAAAA" you'd understand.

#66 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,923 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

BAAA BAAA, BA BA-BA BAAAA. BA-BA BAAA BA, BA? BA-BAAAAA, BAAAAA BAAAAA...BA. BA BA BA, BAA-BAA?

...now how's that for food for thought?

(Thanks for the insight Bronn...hopefully that'll make things a little easier to understand for these guys B))

#67 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,767 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

Of course we are. I think one significant factor is that we're not "mechanical" like the rest of nature seemingly is...although there's a good few of you on here that make me wonder at times ;). We are a creator species; we build our worlds around us through the power of the imagination. We all live on the same planet in the same universe, however psychologically we all reside in our own unique realities we've bestowed upon ourselves, configured through our belief systems, emotional states, and interpretations of the electromagnetic landscape. We are a very peculiar race of beings, which one can only assume would attract an intense level of interest...as can potentially be displayed through the all the stories and official documentation of ET interaction over the centuries.

I'm not following the mechanical thing.  We're all made of the same stuff - the same mechanics.  Are you saying in this universal consciousness you speak of that other animals aren't included?  That seems rather restrictive.  

#68 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

I think he was speaking of the basic survival aspect of species, in that they do what they can to survive and reproduce.

Humans, however, are technologically inclined and are creators of things out of desire, rather than necessity.

#69 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,767 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

Desire and necessity are two sides of the same coin.  We are all still just survivors at our core.  

#70 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

I disagree. Desire was probably a bad word to use.

Take music, for instance. There is no necessity of music for humans. Birds sing out of necessity.

#71 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,767 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

I get what you're saying, but also disagree.  If it came to be that penguins had the mastery of technology as we do they'd eventually start making music too.  There could be animals that exist or existed in the past that had intelligence far superior to ours yet didn't work out in the long term.  We, as a species, owe more to opposable thumbs than the ability to create art.  

#72 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

^^ of course ther were creatures that evolved intelligence before us, where do you think the underground reptilians come from

#73 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

I get what you're saying, but also disagree.  If it came to be that penguins had the mastery of technology as we do they'd eventually start making music too.  There could be animals that exist or existed in the past that had intelligence far superior to ours yet didn't work out in the long term.  We, as a species, owe more to opposable thumbs than the ability to create art.  

If opposable thumbs were as valuable as you imply then we would have much to be concerned about regarding other primates.  Additionally your assertion of penguins developing music has no logical basis.  Just because humans developed it does not mean technologically advanced penguins would as well.

If anything I would credit our vocal system and its role in the development of language as the single most important defining physical feature of homo sapiens.

#74 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

I would argue otherwise, and suggest that dimensions are no more than different pockets of conscious experience found within the same all-encompassing electromagnetic spectrum that makes up all that is. Sure, we can interact with different esoteric forms of radiation in this reality, but only to the extent that we can comprehend it with our limited senses.

What would lead you to think that spatial dimensions contain consciousness or are "pockets of consciousness" as you labeled it?

#75 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

Question, if i was to launch a probe from earth toward a distant star. Then I was to travel to that star faster than light or even instantaneously to that same star and look back towards earth would I be able to see myself launch the probe?

Let's shorten the distance a bit.  Let's say we invented a telescope that can see exactly .5lyr with infinite quality.  We then launch a giant space mirror which orbits our solar system at exactly .5lyr from earth.  This mirror traveled to this point at 99.99% light speed with instant acceleration and deceleration.  When we look at the mirror with our telescope we will see the Earth one year in the past.  But we will not see it from before we launched the mirror because the photons would take another .5lyr to reach the mirror to begin their return trip to our telescope's lenses.  So no you won't see yourself launch the probe unless you waited around for a good long while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com