#91 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,943 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

Thanks for the kind words. What if we all got together for a TB meet-up at the bar or something one of these nights? Surely it would make for an interesting and entertaining evening, haha.

Interesting and entertaining may not be strong enough words to describe it.... :thumbsu:  

But, I would be up for it.

#92 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,661 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

Thanks for the kind words. What if we all got together for a TB meet-up at the bar or something one of these nights? Surely it would make for an interesting and entertaining evening, haha.

I would be down for that.

#93 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,906 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

We should take a census to see who would be down.

#94 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,061 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

Interesting and entertaining may not be strong enough words to describe it.... :thumbsu:

But, I would be up for it.

Set phasers to stun.....

(whisper) to kill..wink

#95 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

Thats interesting but not the effect I was talking about. 

Imagine for a second that a species is observing us right at this moment. Now whatever distance they are away measured in lightyears, that is how far back in time they see.  So does that mean that both events are simultaneous.  The intuitive answer is no.  Light takes time to travel and while it is traveling,  other events are occuring. However imagine for a second that you could somehow beat the light.  For the sake of this experiment, it doesn't matter how you beat the light. Warp drive, hyper drive. Inter dimensional travel. W/E. 

So now you are lightyears away and the light you created before you left has not left yet. Now if for whatever reason you were able to transmit just as instantaneously back to the point of origin could you read your own message? Or stop yourself from going in the first place. What would you see?  Like I said this is a time travel question, not a light speed question.  

I ask because when we look at the stars we are looking back in time. Everyone agrees with that. But an Einstein-Rosen Bridge travels faster. So what does it mean to be able to see the light you made. What effect does that have on reality? 

I see what you're saying now.  Basically you would have to throw out time as we understand it normally.  Time is inseparable from space.  The Alcubierre (I think) Drive which is the most realistic idea for FTL travel gets by the paradox that you are describing by compressing and expanding space-time.

To answer your question yes in theory if you could accelerate to relative speeds of FTL you would be able to see and even intercept your transmission.  This creates a paradox however which is why it is not possible in practice with our current understanding of the universe.

I think this answers your question.  You cannot depart and arrive back before you departed which is what the latter half of your second paragraph seemed to imply.  If you instantaneously traveled back to your point of origin you would have just missed yourself depart.

Okay that isn't very clear.  I'm not an expert I just read about this stuff and don't work with it enough to communicate it well I guess.

#96 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:15 PM

Well for one, we're here aren't we? Everything we know to be alive on this planet is here too, correct? Dimensions in the context that I speak of more or less refers to points-of-view/sensory realities...not up, down, left, right. Ive used the example of a bat many times - they exist in the same space as we do, but their interpretation of the world around them is vastly different than ours. To them, we might only exist as a frequency. This point of view is just one pocket of consciousness that the all-encompassing electromagnetic space around us harbors. I always use this analogy to help draw parallels to the situation that we're in...it's just on a grander scale with us.

The key to seeing this is by truly understanding how small our perception of reality is. Electromagnetics are the foundation of the universe, making up all matter and dark matter...basically everything as we consciously perceive it, including us. Being that our biological make-up only gives us the ability to tap into 0.00005% of all that makes up reality, there is an overwhelming chunk of the puzzle that we are essentially blind to. This is a very profound statement, and should rightfully suggest that the possibility of life-forms existing in different dimensions within the same area of space we occupy, is a more than reasonable one.

I see what you are getting at.  Unfortunately as of now there has not been any success (that I am aware of) in detecting possible sentient entities outside of the visible spectrum.  Except that one time I was on LSD way back when.  The idea of these is intriguing though.

#97 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

That wasn't supposed to be taken literally....

Oh.  My mistake.

#98 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,906 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

I see what you are getting at.  Unfortunately as of now there has not been any success (that I am aware of) in detecting possible sentient entities outside of the visible spectrum.  Except that one time I was on LSD way back when.  The idea of these is intriguing though.

In my honest opinion, I do think that psychedelic drugs can act as an "awareness expander" per se, guiding our consciousness into heightened levels of perception that we cannot normally tap into. It is these other areas of frequency that exist outside of our normal parameters that indigenous tribes across the world consider to be the "spirit realms." It is because of this that the use of ayahuasca, psilocybin, etc, amongst these groups is so prevalent for spiritual use and expansion in sensory perception.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com