Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Al Sharpton - Tawana Brawley

50 posts in this topic

Susan Smith was racist?  I thought she was just an insane murderer of children?

She also at first blamed the children's disappearance/deaths on a "black man" who carjacked them.

If Al Sharpton did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.

i would like to note that these discussions get hopelessly mired in miscommunicated context and unfortunate misunderstandings in power/ego dynamics.

i would also like to note that i think it's telling that if a white person is shown to be prejudiced, people jump out of the woodwork to explain how some black people are prejudiced too. i don't think it's a result of deep-seated racism as many would suggest, but rather a knee-jerk reaction conditioned by societal normatives of arguing. why not just admit that the white person was prejudiced and leave it at that? "he did it too" finger pointing is stupid and demonstrably makes everyone much nastier and significantly stupider.

Al Sharpton is a crook

If Al Sharpton did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.

interesting comment

racists tend to credit al sharpton for perpetuating racism, when really he's just an outlet for ppl who can no longer say "i like black ppl, i just don't like *******" to instead say "i like black ppl, i just don't like al sharpton"

What does the term I like black people mean? Lol has someone actually said that?

here in the south it's p common to hear someone show you how not racist they are by saying "i like black people, i just don't like n-words because you see there's a difference"

usually that statement is preceded by a quick scan of the landscape.

I'm always amazed when people come right out and say crazy racist bigoted things to me about different groups of people. Apparently I also fit their stereotype as some sort of ultraconservative bigot.

"I went to a black club and I felt kinda froze out so racism works both ways you know."