Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Went to Carowinds today for the first time

38 posts in this topic

Posted

btw cedar point has 17 coasters, carowinds has 13, which is more than these parks:

Hersheypark Hershey Pennsylvania United States 11

Knott's Berry Farm Buena Park California United States 9

Dorney Park Allentown Pennsylvania United States 8

Kings Island Mason Ohio United States 8

remember what i said about carowinds being underappreciated and locals being too cool for school?

throwing out cedar point like that backs it up

Posted

I turned down a Job to be the HR Manager in Kings Island bc I would not move to Ohio..now I live in SC..not sure if made good decision...

well no Kings Island anymore or Paramount's Kings Island.

I was one of the first to ride the Afterburner(or Top Gun) when they built it. If one has never rode it on front row it is an incredible fun ride and not just a scare...great fun! My fave Coaster of all of them.

I cannot stand Thunderroad as the wood coaster are so rough.

I'm sure it was better than investing in a house in Ohio. Top Gun is my favorite ride of all time, mainly because I remember being the right age to want to go to carowinds every weekend when it came out. It's, like PSC said a very underrated roller coaster.  The one like it at six flags over GA is the Batman Ride and I swear I couldn't get out of my hotel bed the next morning and it wasn't the hotel bed either.

1 person likes this

Posted

btw cedar point has 17 coasters, carowinds has 13, which is more than these parks:

Hersheypark Hershey Pennsylvania United States 11

Knott's Berry Farm Buena Park California United States 9

Dorney Park Allentown Pennsylvania United States 8

Kings Island Mason Ohio United States 8

remember what i said about carowinds being underappreciated and locals being too cool for school?

throwing out cedar point like that backs it up

It is not just the number of coasters at CP, but the quality of them.

Carowinds has a couple of good coasters out of their 13.  But, CP has many more.

Posted

Thought about taking the kids there this summer, then I saw the prices.

Good lord, do they think they are a big name park?

1 person likes this

Posted

It is not just the number of coasters at CP, but the quality of them.

Carowinds has a couple of good coasters out of their 13.  But, CP has many more.

carowinds has gained a lot of ground the last 5 years

Posted

Thought about taking the kids there this summer, then I saw the prices.

Good lord, do they think they are a big name park?

Get coupons but if you do a season pass it is cheaper than going twice.. If i lived closer id do it.

I got one 2 years ago and went three times with one dedicated to the water park. Free parking too.

Posted

We buy season passes every year because our boys enjoy the rides and water park. We only go a few times a year though.

Posted

i think if you get a family pass and take them more than 3 times its paid for itself

Posted

i think if you get a family pass and take them more than 3 times its paid for itself

Definitley. The season passes are on $70ish a piece.

Posted

I haven't been to Carowinds in over 20 years. Don't think I've been back since graduation night in '89.

Is HannaBarbara land still there. I would make it a point to ride the Scooby-Doo rollercoaster and the gold rush? And the oaken bucket that was spun in the ground.

Damn is ThunderRoad still there, I thought it was going to collapse the last time I rode it.  All I heard was tracks going rickety-rack...rickety-rack.....

Posted

I'd say Afterburn, Intimidator, Nighthawk, and Carolina Goldrush are the legitimate roller coasters there.

On a side note, it was funny to see a group of thugs get arrested there for attempting to steal stuffed animals.

Posted

don't forget thunder road.  goldrush?  i dunno about that.   nighthawk is poo.