Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Three UDFA making the team?

45 posts in this topic

Posted

anyone else find it funny that the CFL's #1 pick might not be good enough to make the panthers practice squad

Posted

From what I understand Cole seems to be his old self again.  Another run stopping DT. 

I heard more about Gaydosh than Kearse or Fua combined.  Granted it is shorts but still.

I like Star, KK, Edwards, Cole, Gaydosh..

Ah, I forgot all about Cole and I'm really excited about him.

So I'd do this-

Star- KK- Edwards-Cole and Kearse with Gaydosh to the PS.

Gaydosh is too intriguing for me to want to cut. I do think there's a learning curve technique wise, but I think he was the physical tools to be damn good. I like Kearse, but I'd lose him at the expense of Gaydosh if I had to.

Posted

anyone else find it funny that the CFL's #1 pick might not be good enough to make the panthers practice squad

Not really. AE should have gone there and been the best thing going in that league.

Posted

I can't tell if this thread should make me optimistic about our scouting department or deflated about our roster.  Going to be some good training camp battles though.

Posted

It's a testiment to the quality of guys that make it on a NFL roster...other than Clausen and Fua...  :)

Posted

I think Lester will not only make the team, he'll be a big contributor. Rivera also likes White. Considering our lack of playmakers in the DB, they've both got a good  chance to stick.

"After signing several defensive backs in the veteran free agent market prior to the draft, the Panthers signed safety Robert Lester and cornerback Melvin White – a pair of rookie free agents - after the draft. The DB duo debuted Friday at the team's rookie minicamp.

"Those two guys really showed well today," Panthers head coach Ron Rivera said. "I really like what Robert Lester did, and I really liked Melvin White. He's another guy that we felt had a chance to get drafted."  http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Undrafted-rookie-duo-aims-to-help-secondary/8012be51-c033-4e8b-a08f-170175fec3a5

Posted

lester makes the team i think. we're incredibly deep at DT so i see gaydosh being stashed on the practice squad.

Posted

I think Lester makes the team. But the numbers are against the other two. If we keep 5 DTs Gaydosh has a chance. I don't see White making the 53 though.

Posted

All aboard team Lester/Gaydosh!!!

These guys making the team would end the reign of terror that has been the Naka/Fua embarrassment.

1 person likes this

Posted

gaydosh is gonna make the team. i just have a feeling.

lester will make it.  white we will try and stash on ps. hope he makes it through waivers.

Posted

All aboard team Lester/Gaydosh!!!

These guys making the team would end the reign of terror that has been the Naka/Fua embarrassment.

I don't think Fua makes it, even if Gaydosh doesn't make the cut. I think the Cole addition pretty much ended his time here.

1 person likes this

Posted

How do you know your team hasn't been in the playoffs for 5 years?  You get excited about undrafted free agents making the roster.