Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Three UDFA making the team?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

I can't tell if this thread should make me optimistic about our scouting department or deflated about our roster.  Going to be some good training camp battles though.

#17 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

anyone else find it funny that the CFL's #1 pick might not be good enough to make the panthers practice squad

It's a testiment to the quality of guys that make it on a NFL roster...other than Clausen and Fua...  :)

#18 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:58 AM

I think Lester will not only make the team, he'll be a big contributor. Rivera also likes White. Considering our lack of playmakers in the DB, they've both got a good  chance to stick.

"After signing several defensive backs in the veteran free agent market prior to the draft, the Panthers signed safety Robert Lester and cornerback Melvin White – a pair of rookie free agents - after the draft. The DB duo debuted Friday at the team's rookie minicamp.

"Those two guys really showed well today," Panthers head coach Ron Rivera said. "I really like what Robert Lester did, and I really liked Melvin White. He's another guy that we felt had a chance to get drafted."  http://www.panthers....8f-170175fec3a5

#19 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,670 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

lester makes the team i think. we're incredibly deep at DT so i see gaydosh being stashed on the practice squad.

#20 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

I think Lester makes the team. But the numbers are against the other two. If we keep 5 DTs Gaydosh has a chance. I don't see White making the 53 though.

#21 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

All aboard team Lester/Gaydosh!!!

These guys making the team would end the reign of terror that has been the Naka/Fua embarrassment.

#22 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,610 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

gaydosh is gonna make the team. i just have a feeling.

lester will make it.  white we will try and stash on ps. hope he makes it through waivers.

#23 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

All aboard team Lester/Gaydosh!!!

These guys making the team would end the reign of terror that has been the Naka/Fua embarrassment.

I don't think Fua makes it, even if Gaydosh doesn't make the cut. I think the Cole addition pretty much ended his time here.

#24 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

How do you know your team hasn't been in the playoffs for 5 years?  You get excited about undrafted free agents making the roster.

#25 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

How do you know your team hasn't been in the playoffs for 5 years?  You get excited about undrafted free agents making the roster.

Why is being excited about finding a "diamond in the rough" a bad thing?

The Giants won 2 Super Bowls and I bet their fans were excited when Victor Cruz made the roster.

Obviously, I am not comparing our UDFAs to Cruz but you never know.

#26 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

I can't tell if this thread should make me optimistic about our scouting department or deflated about our roster.  Going to be some good training camp battles though.

a little bit of both.  We had incredible holes to fill after last season, and it looks like

we've done a very good job of filling as many as possible.

As far as scouting, everything looks good now, but we won't know till after next season.

#27 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

Why is being excited about finding a "diamond in the rough" a bad thing?

The Giants won 2 Super Bowls and I bet their fans were excited when Victor Cruz made the roster.

Obviously, I am not comparing our UDFAs to Cruz but you never know.

Of course, finding a diamond in the rough is not a bad thing.  Every team has a few guys that were overlooked in the draft and ended up making a big difference.

I'm just noting that you know your team has been bad when the fans are hoping undrafted free agents make the roster.

#28 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,610 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

Of course, finding a diamond in the rough is not a bad thing.  Every team has a few guys that were overlooked in the draft and ended up making a big difference.

I'm just noting that you know your team has been bad when the fans are hoping undrafted free agents make the roster.

we are not a bad team. we have some bad players that we hope to be replaced by the UDFA like gaydosh and lester. Every fan hopes to upgrade their teams depth through UDFA and the draft.

#29 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

45' says Hi.

#30 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

45' says Hi.

My fellow Catamount Alumni!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users