Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Conjuring (upcoming horror/ghost film)

69 posts in this topic

Posted

That's right, for some reason I keep wanting to think he did Sinister.  Well obviously I thought Sinister was done well, and it gave me the same creepy feeling as the first half of Insidious.

To me the first half of Insidious was terrifying, but it came off the rails in the second half with all the other dimension stuff.

I liked both personally. Insidious 2 comes out on September 13 btw.

Posted

Yeah I definitely need to go back and rewatch Insidious.  I saw it in theaters without knowing what to expect and was thrown for a loop when it went from "haunted house" to "alternate dimension twilight zone". 

Wan has a very unique talent for crafting suspense on-screen.  He really is virtuosic in that way.

Posted

James Wan was also behind the original 'Saw' as I recall.

This looks pretty good.

Posted

Yeah he did direct Saw, which I have to admit I wanted to walk out of the theater due to Cary Elwes horrendous overacting.

Posted

After watching Insidious, my wife and I call the area between our backyard and the retention pond 'The Further'. It's where the teenagers take shortcuts to and from school and where I use a shovel to throw my dogs poo. Too lazy to bag it and my dogs love it when I'm shovel-tossing their crap over the fence.

This story has nothing to do with horror films except there is a bunch of kids w/ poo on their shoes going to school.

I will admit seeing the boogie man in Sinister hiding in the scenes was scary to me. Like those early 2000's ghost youtube videos. I love that stuff.

1 person likes this

Posted

I saw the trailer for this prior to WWZ.  fug that.  Not seeing that crazy poo.

Posted

Oh look another Horror Movie!

I repeat "look another Horror Movie!"

Exactly just another horror movie...

You Only Like Origami?

Posted

If someone offered me $50,000 to watch this film in a dark theater by myself, I wouldn't do it.

If someone offerend me $5,000 to see it with in a theater filled with people and the lights on, I wouldn't do it.

Needless to say, I certainly won't pay money to go sit in a theater and literally Sh*t my pants for two hours.

3 people like this

Posted

Saw the trailer in the theater yesterday.

It made me piss myself.

3 people like this

Posted

Sounds like all things I can do after a bender...one from 8 years ago

Posted

If someone offered me $50,000 to watch this film in a dark theater by myself, I wouldn't do it.

If someone offerend me $5,000 to see it with in a theater filled with people and the lights on, I wouldn't do it.

Needless to say, I certainly won't pay money to go sit in a theater and literally Sh*t my pants for two hours.

You Candy Ass..... :ass:  

1 person likes this

Posted

Damn Jrock I thought you was thuggin out. 

*By the way is your name from the JohnnyRockets milkshake company in California?