Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Conjuring (upcoming horror/ghost film)

69 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Damn Jrock I thought you was thuggin out. 

*By the way is your name from the JohnnyRockets milkshake company in California?

I am an admitted big puss when it comes to scary movies. Being scared is not an emotion I enjoy so I am certainly not going to pay to be scared.  

Johnny Rockets isn't really related to any company. Long story short....One night I was out with a buddy of mine many years ago and a girl asked me my name. I didn't want to give her my real name for whatever reason and I told her Johnny. She asked "Johnny what?" and Rockets was the first thing to popped in my head. So that night I was randomly Johnny Rockets and it was around the time I signed up on this site many, many years ago,

That is the end of my very anti-climatic story.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I  am a 40 year veteran of scary movies.

That trailer gave me a chill :unsure:

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I used to watch scary movies....not anymore. Because when I think back to reflect on them, it's at 3am in the morning when I wake up to piss, then I can't go back asleep because every noise sounds horrifying.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I always found Loraine Warren to be incredibly annoying but I'm a James Wan fan so I'll end up checking this one out. The trailer was really good too, I just hope it didn't give too much away. 

If anyone else is a fan of this and Insidious they should check out Dead Silence. It's another Wan movie that is pretty scary but is for some reason overlooked.

Posted · Report post

The movie is based on a true story.

Where did this happen? Just guessing probably somewhere up North right?

Posted · Report post

I believe the film is set in Rhode Island.

Just realized it comes out this Friday...FUG YES will be seeing this weekend.

Rotten Tomatoes currently has it at 90% fresh based on 32 reviews, which is kind of unheard of for a horror film.

Posted · Report post

I believe the film is set in Rhode Island.

Just realized it comes out this Friday...FUG YES will be seeing this weekend.

Rotten Tomatoes currently has it at 90% fresh based on 32 reviews, which is kind of unheard of for a horror film.

Have fun not sleeping for a whole week.

YOLO!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I can't be the only one who doesn't "get" scary movies am I?  Often times they're just ridiculous/not scary and overall bad films IMO.

The whole point in scary films to to get a hot girl to watch it with you, so she gets scared and wants you to make her feel safe. That has been the entire point of horror films since cinematography made it's debut. How do you not get that?

Posted · Report post

Blessed with a girlfriend who loves scary movies :D

Posted · Report post

Nobody that is younger than 25, even knows what a good scary movie is. They simply are not made well enough anymore.

That being said, saw the trailer yesterday, looks like it has potential of being half way good.
I'm game.
1 person likes this