39 replies to this topic

#16 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

I'm getting free samples of shakelogy, im very skeptical regarding it. And ive used energy and endurance for several months. I perfer it to other pre workout supplements.

#17 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,004 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

Whats the likelihood of a complete beginner being able to do this?

Im so far out of shape that I think cardio is eating 3 double quater-pounders with cheese in under 10 minutes.

#18 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

I think so. There is a girl who does very modified moves. Hey if you're moving and doing your best then you're doing it right. Stick with it, try to push yourself and I have no doubt you'll get results.

#19 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

Like I said I ordered it through teambeachbody. Free shipping free core speed workout. It came in the mail Saturday

Any thoughts yet on whether you're going to spring for the extra Gamma workouts? Going through the order process I saw it was another $100+, but looking on TeamBeachBody.com you can add on just the DVDs (and leave off the mat and resistance bands or whatever) for $59.99. Still not sure if it's worth it, though, if I can generate solid results from Alpha and Beta.

#20 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Whats the likelihood of a complete beginner being able to do this?

Im so far out of shape that I think cardio is eating 3 double quater-pounders with cheese in under 10 minutes.

It's certainly worth a try. You may even want to just go back and order the original Insanity workouts. "They" don't recommend that beginners do the workouts, but like Cat said, just do what you can and understand that hardly anyone can ever keep up with Shaun T or his crew. If you have any history of sports-related injuries (knee problems specifically) then I would proceed with caution, but if you find it works for you otherwise, give it a shot. Insanity totally changed how I look at/maintain my fitness.

#21 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

Any thoughts yet on whether you're going to spring for the extra Gamma workouts? Going through the order process I saw it was another $100+, but looking on TeamBeachBody.com you can add on just the DVDs (and leave off the mat and resistance bands or whatever) for $59.99. Still not sure if it's worth it, though, if I can generate solid results from Alpha and Beta.

I doubt it. I've got P90X, Insanity, one on one with tony horton, Tf25 and most of Brazilian Butt. I think I've got enough to mix it up for a while.

#22 24k

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

lol

my six pack says your full of poo

Oh yeah babycakes?

24k Like the sound of that.

Always looking to add more babies to the stable.

PLAYYYAAAA

#23 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,689 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

YES!!!  Something kept telling me to check Amazon, and so I did, everyday since it's come out...  Well, what do you know?  It showed up yesterday, was available through Amazon Prime, and I'm getting it delivered tomorrow!!!

Now, the real question...  Do I finish Insanity first and then transition to Focus?  I'm in my 3rd week of Insanity now and I think Focus will be ideal once I finish Insanity, as it is only 25 minutes, and I view it as much easier "maintenance" (and then some!) than trying to do another round of Insanity once I'm done.

I also think I'm gonna do the initial round of Focus and then order the Gamma DVDs only.  I feel bad for not ordering it from my coach but, I would've had to wait 7-10 days before it even shipped and there's too much uncertainty there, so I went ahead and got it.  I'll probably get the Gamma and Core Speed DVDs from him - or myself, as I'm thinking about becoming a coach myself in the next few weeks.

BTW, I checked my original measurements from when I attempted to re-start Insanity in February, and I've lost 2.5+ inches off my waist already.  Awesome...

#24 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

Finish Insanity!

I finished Insanity at the end of May and was still doing Max workouts several times a week before I got T25. It's hard to gauge the difficulty level of T25. It's definitely not as hard as Insanity but I get the feeling a lot of people would struggle with 25 mins of going none stop. I certainly don't feel whipped after 25 mins. I'm in a good sweat but not worn out at all.

#25 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,689 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

That's good to hear Cat!  Sounds like it is a lot like what I was hoping it was. 

I'll definitely finish Insanity first but man, I HATE the second month, lol.  I dread each and every workout.  But, at least with Focus being here in my view, it will give me a nice little carrot to work towards for finishing Insanity. 

The exciting thing from what I was anticipating and what you just said about Focus is that I think it finds that balance.  There are times with Insanity where I feel like, "Man, was all of that really necessary to get where I'm trying to get?"  LOL. 

#26 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

That's good to hear Cat!  Sounds like it is a lot like what I was hoping it was. 

I'll definitely finish Insanity first but man, I HATE the second month, lol.  I dread each and every workout.  But, at least with Focus being here in my view, it will give me a nice little carrot to work towards for finishing Insanity. 

The exciting thing from what I was anticipating and what you just said about Focus is that I think it finds that balance.  There are times with Insanity where I feel like, "Man, was all of that really necessary to get where I'm trying to get?"  LOL. 

I've definitely had that thought. Once I got into the Max workouts they became so much easier and I didn't dread it. Max Interval Circuit was such a dread at first now it's my bitch. You'll get into and it'll become easier and easier. And you'll look and feel great! Good luck

#27 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

That's awesome that it's finally available on Amazon, Diddy. I also have Prime, so I probably should've just waited, but I was too eager to pull the trigger. I'm hoping mine shows up today.

I've only been running to stay in shape for the past couple of months, with a random Insanity (month one, lol) workout on the weekend. I'm hoping T25 is gonna really give me the kick that I need.

#28 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

Well, my first copy of T25 was apparently stolen from my doorstep, so I called Beachbody and they had a new kit shipped to me for no charge, plus express delivery. Pretty solid of them to do that.

I'm ready to go now for Monday...just have to spend some more time at the grocery store tomorrow being careful about what I buy. Diddy, I assume you have yours now, too. I'll let you know my thoughts after Monday's workout. Cat, still enjoying the workouts?

#29 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

Yeah I am. I don't do t25 everyday. Just when I want to double up or when i don't have much time that day.

The lower body work was good. And the ab workout actually made me a little sore.

Hubby has started Insanity. He is three months past knee surgery. I want to workout with him so I'm gonna have to be doubling up to do T25 a few times a week.

#30 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,689 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

Just wanted to check back with you two - Lomez and Cat...  How has it been going?

I didn't see your last post Lomez, but yeah man, I got it about 2 weeks ago IIRC from Amazon.  I finally pulled the plastic off of it last night, lol. 

I've been doing Insanity and replacing the "cardio recovery" day with pick-up basketball at the gym.  Problem is, for the last two weeks or so, I ended up missing the Wednesday night workout and then usually Friday's as well and had to make them back up.  So, my schedule was so jacked up that I ended up having to catch up on all those days and so now, I finished the first month on Tuesday.  I took a day off Wednesday, and so, not wanting to start recovery week mid-week, I decided I needed to do something in the meantime...  And I wasn't looking forward to adding on any other 45+ minute workouts prior to recovery week when I know what is coming after it, lol...

So, I figured I would do a couple days of T25 to stay active on these days without Insanity until I start recovery week on Monday and move forward with month two.  I popped Cardio in last night to preview it, and I have to say, I have mixed feelings.  I didn't actually do it, but I will be doing it tomorrow.  I was really disappointed that there was absolutely no upper body-focused moves in this DVD.  With Insanity, there was always some variation of pushups or upper body work.  Please tell me there is enough to make up for it throughout a week of T25!  It honestly did not seem as intense as Insanity either...  The part I like about it so far from what I saw though was how it gets straight to the point...  No two-hour long warmup and stretch, lol...  Just straight to the work and you work all the way through for 25 minutes, then you're done!

I don't know, hopefully it has some strength building work in there throughout the week, but I was really disappointed that it wasn't present in every DVD apparently.  You think it makes a difference?  Seeing some of the testimonials, it's clear the program works just as good as Insanity, if not better, but I actually started to wonder if that was because these people were a LOT more strict diet-wise versus the actual exercise workload.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.