Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Panther fans

48 posts in this topic

Posted

I see a rivalry developing (outside the NFC South) with Washington due to the Cam vs. RGIII debate and the fact that so many fans remain from Redskin nations dominance of this area during the pre-Panther days.  In fact, let me get it started:

Daniel Snyder, a pale face, is fighting to keep his team named Redskins, and he has no reservations about it.   The smoke signals we are getting from Washington suggest that RGIII is on the mend and will rival Cam Newton this fall, as the threat of distant war drums pervade Panther nation. As their squaw's apply their war paint, a tribe of 53 savages will attempt to convert their teepees into TDs this fall.  Buy your playoff tickets early or deal with the scalpers later.

That should do it.  

1 person likes this

Posted

Do you guys consider the Packers a rival at all or at any time in the Panthers existence were we a rival?

We've had some great games in the past and although i wouldn't say rival I think the Panthers always play the Packers like they've got something to prove.

Posted

Pats/Colts is a faux rivalry. The only reason people cared was because it was Peyton vs Brady. Today, a Pats/Colts game wouldn't be anywhere near the same.

Yeah, just like the 49ers/cowgirls rivalry of the 80's, doesn't really mean much today.

But it would be nice if the Panthers could get into a non-divisional rivalry the whole country can support. And the Pack would be a good team for it.

Posted

frash! ah aaaaaaa!   savior of the huddle universe  dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum

frash! ah aaaaaaaa! he'll save everyone of us  dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum

frash! ah aaaaaaa!  he's a miracle dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum

frash! ah aaaaaaaa!  king of the impossible dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum

Posted

yea so now that the colts don't have any kind of a future at qb that feud's just going to dissolve good point

There is no history between the Patriots and Andrew Luck. It was a QB fueled rivalry and now half of it left with another team. I couldn't give a crap if those two teams squared up now.

Posted

No. I watched Steve Smith break his leg at the monday night game in 04..... Never went to another Packers/Panthers game after that. Bad Luck.

Posted

Off topic post, but since i can't start my own posts I thought this was a somewhat suitable place to mention this.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20130623/SPORTS0402/306240018/Glenn-Guilbeau-CWS-doesn-t-feel-like-baseball

random shot against the nfl in Charlotte and compares us to Jacksonville of all places. While lifting up Greenbay and New orleans.

You ever been to BofA? It's a great stadium that gets overrun by every opposing fanbase outside of the Jags. Pick a team and they dominate our stadium. Even the Bengals in 2010 had 30% of our stadium. Last year the Giants took over our place. Bills? Same thing. It's one of the worst venues in all of pro sports for giving up seats to the opposition. Hands down.

Posted

That's because everyone in Charlotte is from Ohio, WV, NY or MA.

Still... all those people combined are much better than the thousands of Floridiots who invade every summer.

Posted

Off topic post, but since i can't start my own posts I thought this was a somewhat suitable place to mention this.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20130623/SPORTS0402/306240018/Glenn-Guilbeau-CWS-doesn-t-feel-like-baseball

random shot against the nfl in Charlotte and compares us to Jacksonville of all places.  While lifting up Greenbay and New orleans.

Charlotte as a sports town is a place that started with spirit that stretched for miles when the Panthers came to town, but it slowly dwindled as the team never became consistent. However, that spirit has always and will always come back when fans have something to cheer for. When there is consistency, as there looks to be in the near future, Panther fans will become more spirited even in losses.

Of course a journalist is going to say something like that because he, unfortunately, isn't necessarily completely incorrect. The same can be said when comparing what we had when the Hornets were in town and comparing it to the former Bobcats. CONSISTENCY.

Posted

Charlotte as a sports town is a place that started with spirit that stretched for miles when the Panthers came to town, but it slowly dwindled as the team never became consistent. However, that spirit has always and will always come back when fans have something to cheer for. When there is consistency, as there looks to be in the near future, Panther fans will become more spirited even in losses.

Of course a journalist is going to say something like that because he, unfortunately, isn't necessarily completely incorrect. The same can be said when comparing what we had when the Hornets were in town and comparing it to the former Bobcats. CONSISTENCY.

Even when the Hornets were not playoff contenders they still had better support than just about every fan base in the NBA.

But you're right consistency is the main issue.

People will still spend their money when a team is just having a down year, but when a team consistently is in the cellar; the fan support starts to dwindle.

Posted

no but when we do play the Packers they tend to be close games.

Posted

Even when the Hornets were not playoff contenders they still had better support than just about every fan base in the NBA.

But you're right consistency is the main issue.

People will still spend their money when a team is just having a down year, but when a team consistently is in the cellar; the fan support starts to dwindle.

That was my point, the Hornets consistently had all star players/superstars on the team and even in bad times they were consistently fun to watch and support. I was comparing that to the Horn-cats