47 replies to this topic

#16 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,724 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

from the shreveport times dot com? egad!

#17 Monday Night Shyamalan

Monday Night Shyamalan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • LocationHollyweird, CA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

from the shreveport times dot com? egad!

LOL. I spent 3 months in Shreveport on a project, if hell existed on earth, it would be Shreveport.

#18 wareagleflyboy

wareagleflyboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

regardless of where the article came from.  Is our atmosphere really that bad? Granted it was embarrassing for me when i brought my falcons friend to a game and a third of the fans in attendance were falcons fan last year.

#19 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

regardless of where the article came from. Is our atmosphere really that bad? Granted it was embarrassing for me when i brought my falcons friend to a game and a third of the fans in attendance were falcons fan last year.

I would think If/when we start winning consistently all this atmosphere BS will change for the better.

#20 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

non-divisional rivals can only be if they meet in the playoffs more than once, and/or their placement makes them meet up frequently in inter-conference matchups. This is where decades old feuds like Giants-Niners come into play. Or Pats-Colts. Some of these are actually better than divisional feuds because it requires a standard of competitiveness to be able to exist, so there's a lot more parity going on between the two, as well as higher stakes.

Pats/Colts is a faux rivalry. The only reason people cared was because it was Peyton vs Brady. Today, a Pats/Colts game wouldn't be anywhere near the same.

#21 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,887 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

You sons of bitches.

#22 RudieCantFail

RudieCantFail

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

The Giants are more non-divisional rivals than the Packers, but good game in '08 and we should've won in '11

#23 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

Rivals?  Kinda.... once

#24 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,109 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

Pats/Colts is a faux rivalry. The only reason people cared was because it was Peyton vs Brady. Today, a Pats/Colts game wouldn't be anywhere near the same.

yea so now that the colts don't have any kind of a future at qb that feud's just going to dissolve good point

#25 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,962 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

I see a rivalry developing (outside the NFC South) with Washington due to the Cam vs. RGIII debate and the fact that so many fans remain from Redskin nations dominance of this area during the pre-Panther days.  In fact, let me get it started:

Daniel Snyder, a pale face, is fighting to keep his team named Redskins, and he has no reservations about it.   The smoke signals we are getting from Washington suggest that RGIII is on the mend and will rival Cam Newton this fall, as the threat of distant war drums pervade Panther nation. As their squaw's apply their war paint, a tribe of 53 savages will attempt to convert their teepees into TDs this fall.  Buy your playoff tickets early or deal with the scalpers later.

That should do it.  

#26 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

Do you guys consider the Packers a rival at all or at any time in the Panthers existence were we a rival?

We've had some great games in the past and although i wouldn't say rival I think the Panthers always play the Packers like they've got something to prove.

#27 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,171 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

Yeah, just like the 49ers/cowgirls rivalry of the 80's, doesn't really mean much today.

But it would be nice if the Panthers could get into a non-divisional rivalry the whole country can support. And the Pack would be a good team for it.

#28 G spot

G spot

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

frash! ah aaaaaaa!   savior of the huddle universe  dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum

frash! ah aaaaaaaa! he'll save everyone of us  dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum

frash! ah aaaaaaa!  he's a miracle dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum

frash! ah aaaaaaaa!  king of the impossible dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum

#29 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

yea so now that the colts don't have any kind of a future at qb that feud's just going to dissolve good point

There is no history between the Patriots and Andrew Luck. It was a QB fueled rivalry and now half of it left with another team. I couldn't give a crap if those two teams squared up now.

#30 EMSMedic79

EMSMedic79

Member since 2005

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts
  • LocationOn the Water

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

No. I watched Steve Smith break his leg at the monday night game in 04..... Never went to another Packers/Panthers game after that. Bad Luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com