Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rich Cho on WFNZ

56 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'd like to point out that it wouldn't make sense to bring in a shooting coach specifically for MKG, and then shop him.  No need to hold onto your butts...

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the recap.

Love that he says no bad contract just to bring in a guy.  Really love that MKG asked for a shooting coach to be brought in.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the recap.

Love that he says no bad contract just to bring in a guy.  Really love that MKG asked for a shooting coach to be brought in.

They said that they brought in a few shooting coaches almost as a try-out. 

Posted · Report post

Also with the Price coaching hire..he was excited that he would help Kemba off of pick and rolls which was Price's specialty in the NBA with Brad Daughtry.

Also In regards to Olaidipo he said " he will be a good player somewhere" May have shown cards there.

Tenders to Gerald Henderson and Mullens will be decided on immediately after the draft.

Later the reporter(cant remember the name at the moment) who broke the (MKG being shopped) news held firm to his multiple sources and said the trade involved a future first and a player which Barnes is in the discussion. The Bucks, Celtics, Hawks all offer multiple picks and a player.

Said that the Tyrus Thomas draft pick to the Bulls becomes unprotected in 2016 looms large in this decision. Signs point to the Wizs drafting Bennett which will have the Hornets draft Otto Porter ....MKG will be flipped for assets to offset the lost pick to the Bulls and gain players. According to him.

Makes sense now.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the update.

If I was a betting man, I would say the pick will be Len, McLemore, Bennett, or Noel.

Yeah, I know I just listed four of the top five or six players in the draft lol.

Posted · Report post

I'm thinking Bobcats draftboard top 4 are:

1. Noel

2. Bennett

3. Porter

4. Len

I think if McLemore is available that we pass on him.  His stock has been dropping ever since the season ended and has had more than one bad review on team workouts.

Posted · Report post

Also with the Price coaching hire..he was excited that he would help Kemba off of pick and rolls which was Price's specialty in the NBA with Brad Daughtry.

Also In regards to Olaidipo he said " he will be a good player somewhere" May have shown cards there.

Tenders to Gerald Henderson and Mullens will be decided on immediately after the draft.

Later the reporter(cant remember the name at the moment) who broke the (MKG being shopped) news held firm to his multiple sources and said the trade involved a future first and a player which Barnes is in the discussion. The Bucks, Celtics, Hawks all offer multiple picks and a player.

Said that the Tyrus Thomas draft pick to the Bulls becomes unprotected in 2016 looms large in this decision. Signs point to the Wizs drafting Bennett which will have the Hornets draft Otto Porter ....MKG will be flipped for assets to offset the lost pick to the Bulls and gain players. According to him.

Makes sense now.

I wouldn't doubt that there have been talks with BuzzCats receiving calls for MKG, but that's different then adamantly shopping a player and calling other teams to try and get a deal done.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

MKG stays, we draft Len at #4 and possibly trade back into the lottery.. mark it down

Posted · Report post

Horcats better pray Burke isn't there when they pick

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't doubt that there have been talks with BuzzCats receiving calls for MKG, but that's different then adamantly shopping a player and calling other teams to try and get a deal done.

Very true Rick!

I would hate to give up on MKG but even in an interview with Wally Sczerbiack he was bery cautious on being able to fix MKG's jumper anytime soon.

Posted · Report post

MKG stays, we draft Len at #4 and possibly trade back into the lottery.. mark it down

What are The Hornets giving up to get back in a weak draft..

Ill just be happy with draft Len and say goodnight!!