Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who do we pick

Bobcats/Hornets draft   45 votes

1. 1. Who will be the Bobcats/Hornets draft pick

• Nerlens Noel
    • Ben McLemore
    • Otto Porter
    • Alex Len
    • Anthony Bennett
    • Victor Oladipo
    • Other
    • No one. Trade #4 for future picks

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

71 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Noel or Bennett. My gut is leaning towards Noel. I'm 99% sure Len is going #1.

Posted · Report post

Hard to separate what they should do and what I think they WILL do, b/c I'm assuming they should be smart like me, lol...

That being said, I think it will be between Oladipo and Zeller or we trade back. I think their preference would be Zeller. Mine is Oladipo.

I was thinking about it, and if we are in talks with the Wolves (who want Oladipo), that pretty much means we aren't interested in him.

He also never came in for a workout.

To be honest, I think the pick is down to Len, Bennett, or Zeller.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

nerlens-noel-elite-daily.jpg

Posted · Report post

Trade with Minny for Williams, 9, and 26. Zeller at 9 if he is still available.

Posted · Report post

I think we take Oladipo then trade him to someone. We could trade the pick straight but it could take a while to work out so we have to take him.

Posted · Report post

I think we take Oladipo then trade him to someone. We could trade the pick straight but it could take a while to work out so we have to take him.

I haven't really seen that happen since the BuzzCats traded Branden Wright to Golden State for Jason Richardson, but it's definitely an option.

Posted · Report post

I don't think Len will be there and while I like Bennet's skill set I'm not sure he really fits in with Charlotte unless they pull off a trade for a bigger Center. I'm not sure they go any other direction but SG or a big man and the only really other options for a big would be Zeller and Noel. Noel probably won't play a game next season and that's a tough pill to swallow for a team to pay a rookie 3-4 million for nothing in return at all. While Zeller has a game that likely see's him as a borderline 10-10-1 guy, I'm not sure it's worth using the 4th pick in the draft for. 

If the team runs a more uptempo style then all three make a ton of sense at the 4th pick. I think Zeller gets the nod because of him being a big man that would be able to run the floor and keep up with a fast uptempo game plan plus be able to operate out of a half court set in the low or high post. 

So I go with Zeller with the rumors of Cho liking him at the fourth spot. 

No I don't think McLemore is even in discussion for the pick with his bad workouts and him being out of shape at the combine and draft workouts. If Len is there, he's probably the pick. 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I don't think Len will be there and while I like Bennet's skill set I'm not sure he really fits in with Charlotte unless they pull off a trade for a bigger Center. I'm not sure they go any other direction but SG or a big man and the only really other options for a big would be Zeller and Noel. Noel probably won't play a game next season and that's a tough pill to swallow for a team to pay a rookie 3-4 million for nothing in return at all. While Zeller has a game that likely see's him as a borderline 10-10-1 guy, I'm not sure it's worth using the 4th pick in the draft for. 

If the team runs a more uptempo style then all three make a ton of sense at the 4th pick. I think Zeller gets the nod because of him being a big man that would be able to run the floor and keep up with a fast uptempo game plan plus be able to operate out of a half court set in the low or high post. 

So I go with Zeller with the rumors of Cho liking him at the fourth spot. 

No I don't think McLemore is even in discussion for the pick with his bad workouts and him being out of shape at the combine and draft workouts. If Len is there, he's probably the pick. 

Zeller is 7'0 with a 6'10 wingspan, I think he has the skill to be a NBA Center but not the arms to be a NBA Center, hope I'm wrong..

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

RudyGobert2.jpg

if the Bobcats want to take a huge risk on someone like Cody Zeller. Trade down to the middle of the draft and take Rudy Gobert. he is 7'3 and would have the longest wingspan, nearly 8 feet and the longest standing reach at 9'7. Both will be NBA records.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I was thinking about it, and if we are in talks with the Wolves (who want Oladipo), that pretty much means we aren't interested in him.

He also never came in for a workout.

To be honest, I think the pick is down to Len, Bennett, or Zeller.

Good point, although I have to wonder if maybe we do like Oladipo but like whatever the Wolves are offering more - something like Pekovic + both their first rounders?

Posted · Report post

11 and a half hours until the draft, I really need to get some sleep...

Posted · Report post

RudyGobert2.jpg

if the Bobcats want to take a huge risk on someone like Cody Zeller. Trade down to the middle of the draft and take Rudy Gobert. he is 7'3 and would have the longest wingspan, nearly 8 feet and the longest standing reach at 9'7. Both will be NBA records.

I mentioned this in another thread somewhere but, he is the big I'm most intrigued by.  When people have brought up Len, this is the guy I look at and say, "if you're gonna take a risk on a boom/bust big, I'd rather have Gobert over Len."  I remember watching the combine and they said he blew everyone away there with his ability and measurables.

1 person likes this