Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who do we pick

Bobcats/Hornets draft   45 votes

1. 1. Who will be the Bobcats/Hornets draft pick

• Nerlens Noel
    • Ben McLemore
    • Otto Porter
    • Alex Len
    • Anthony Bennett
    • Victor Oladipo
    • Other
    • No one. Trade #4 for future picks

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

71 posts in this topic

Posted

Rudy Gobert the next Alexis Ajinca lol?

1 person likes this

Posted

F Ajinca, lol.  Nah, Gobert wowed the scouts at the combine. 

Ajinca was a bum from day one.  I didn't even remember hearing his name until the day of the draft and many analysts being surprised we traded for that pick to get him.  I don't ever remember there being a "wow factor" over Ajinca.  He was almost up there with Brezec as being my most disliked player in franchise history.  I was so mad we wasted a pick on him from the moment we got him.

Posted

I hated Ajinca, it's like he didn't even try... I mean seriously, you are seven feet plus... why can't you rebound or dunk?

1 person likes this

Posted

I hated Ajinca, it's like he didn't even try... I mean seriously, you are seven feet plus... why can't you rebound or dunk?

Manute Bol was 7'7 and he couldn't rebound very well.

Posted

LOL exactly.  Look, I get that most bigs nowadays tend to play away from the basket, but if you're going to be that kind of big, at least be good at it.  He epitomized soft.

Posted

Does anyone remember the guy Kenny George who played for UNC Asheville, he was 7'9. I wonder how he would have translated to the NBA. Too bad he had his foot removed.

Posted

Yeah, I actually saw him in person, passing him in the tunnel at the Dean Dome.  We played UNC's JV that night and the varsity played against UNC-Asheville afterwards.  Dude WAS GIGANTIC.  I remember feeling bad for him thought because he just looked like he wasn't in it, and the crowd was laughing at everything he did like it was some kind of circus show.  When he blocked shots people treated him like he was a freak rather than a basketball player...  I can't really describe it, but I felt really uncomfortable.  And I'm sure he would've gotten a chance in the league because of his size, but man, it took him FOREVER to get from one end of the court to the other.

Posted

WTF?  Just googled him out of curiosity to see what he is doing since the amputation and apparently he made a semi-comeback and played pro ball in the Czech Republic in 2011. 

Wow, good to hear.

Posted

Manute Bol was 7'7 and he couldn't rebound very well.

I think one of his relatives (could be son) is a top high school prospect.

Posted

WTF?  Just googled him out of curiosity to see what he is doing since the amputation and apparently he made a semi-comeback and played pro ball in the Czech Republic in 2011. 

Wow, good to hear.

You mean he is seriously out there playing with half a foot? that is crazy. Good for him.

Posted

Yeah, I actually saw him in person, passing him in the tunnel at the Dean Dome. We played UNC's JV that night and the varsity played against UNC-Asheville afterwards. Dude WAS GIGANTIC. I remember feeling bad for him thought because he just looked like he wasn't in it, and the crowd was laughing at everything he did like it was some kind of circus show. When he blocked shots people treated him like he was a freak rather than a basketball player... I can't really describe it, but I felt really uncomfortable. And I'm sure he would've gotten a chance in the league because of his size, but man, it took him FOREVER to get from one end of the court to the other.

Is that the game Hansbrough posterized him?

Posted

Is that the game Hansbrough posterized him?

Yup.  Fox Sports South actually showed part of our game against the JV on the highlights as a lead-in to the UNC/UNC-A game.

It was just weird though.  I can't really put it into words.  People were laughing, chuckling, and taunting him the whole time.  And not like normal fan taunts...  They were acting like he wasn't even a human.  I was embarrassed to be there and for whatever reason, that always stuck with me from that night.