CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,570 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

Link: http://www.nationalf...r-rankings.html

3. North Carolina: The Tar Heels turned some heads at times last fall in Larry Fedora's first season in Chapel Hill. UNC showed that it could score points, and the Heels should do so again this fall behind quarterback Bryn Renner, receiver Quinshad Davis and tailbacks Romar Morris and A.J. Blue. The question is whether UNC will be strong enough along both lines. But this is a dangerous squad.

11. Duke: Fans of the Blue Devils should be excited about quarterback Anthony Boone, who takes over the offense. He is primed to excel under David Cutcliffe. The offense has plenty of talent, but can Duke's defense improve enough to take the program to another postseason game?

12. NC State: First-year head coach Dave Doeren and his staff will win sooner rather than later in Raleigh. But it may take some time before the up-tempo offense catches on no matter whether Pete Thomas or Manny Stocker wins the starting quarterback job. Twelve starters need to be replaced from 2012, so plenty of position battles will take place in preseason camp.

Yikes, there is much disparity between the teams in the triangle.

#2 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,146 posts
  • Location704

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

UNC Football, honestly, I have pegged right around the same level they were at last year. 8-9 wins. Could make a run at the ACC title but you're going to have to go through Clemson & maybe VT. FSU has talent but they have ??? at the QB spot. 

The biggest ? for UNC is running back. We still have one of the best OLs in the ACC and if Bernard was returning UNC could be a darkhorse BCS team. Defense will be solid this year and Renner is one of the ACC's best. 

#3 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,884 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

Our starting QB is gonna be Brandon Mitchell the transfer from Arkansas who will be able to run DD's offense ......

But yeah its gonna be a struggle to put up points this year

#4 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,744 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

Yeah this year is going to be ...ahem...interesting

#5 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,985 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

Rough year ahead, but a weak schedule will still get us 6 wins or so.

The recruiting has picked up drastically though, so we'll see where Dorean is in a couple of years. 

#6 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,146 posts
  • Location704

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

FSU probably turns down better players than 2/3s of the ACC can ever land, but picking them to win the ACC next season IMHO is  taking the easy way as a journalist. They've got a big question mark at the QB position. They were extremely lucky the BCS didn't put Georgia in their postseason game LY. We've seen this before with the Noles, talented team loaded with draft picks, only to fall short of expectations because of shaky QB play. 

Regarding the Heels, #3 is probably where I would rank them right now 9 times out of 10. 

I have a good friend who used to be a graduate assistant for Duke FB and he's been telling me all spring how loaded they are and that Boone has one of the strongest arms in the ACC. He thinks they are going to be just as good as they were last year. LOL. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com