Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mock Draft Schmock Draft

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone actually save mock drafts and try to statistically determine how accurate they are? I think that would be interesting to look at. Whenever I try to go look at old mock drafts after the real draft happens, they have a habit of quietly disappearing.

I know they do that for the NFL mock drafts. Donno if there's one for NBA.

Posted

I criticized that McBob trade hardcore when we made it but after seeing McBob play live a few times, I couldn't help but want him back... and I'm a Carolina fan.

Oh I didn't know what to think when that trade went through, but I didn't question after watching him play.  He's a good piece to have on your team.  For example, the Heat sure could have used a guy like McBob in the finals to come in and put some grit out there.   It's not ALWAYS about stars on your team, you still need PIECES for when you GET that star.   I watched an interview at Bobcats.com and he sounds very grateful that he had a chance to play and start here and would like to stick around.  We need to KEEP those players who want to stay (McBob, Hendo, etc).

Posted

I criticized that McBob trade hardcore when we made it but after seeing McBob play live a few times, I couldn't help but want him back... and I'm a Carolina fan.

Oh I didn't know what to think when that trade went through, but I didn't question after watching him play.  

Were both you guys real high on Hakim Warrick?  It isn't like we gave up future assets to get McBob.  I was excited about the trade from day one.  As far as I know the Pacers cut Warrick immediately and was a free agent the remainder of the season.

Posted

It's hard to get excited for anything lately though with this team lol.

Only thing I knew I'd miss is Warrick's dunks lol.

Posted

Were both you guys real high on Hakim Warrick? It isn't like we gave up future assets to get McBob. I was excited about the trade from day one. As far as I know the Pacers cut Warrick immediately and was a free agent the remainder of the season.

I just thought it was a stupid and pointless trade until I saw the energy he brought to the team. Oh and that sick alley-opp he had helped too.

By the way, the trade was with the Magic not Indiana.

1 person likes this

Posted

By the way, the trade was with the Magic not Indiana.

I stand corrected, I just remembered he was with Indiana for a stint. Pie for you.

Looking back at the Mullens trade, we gave up our 2nd round pick to OKC in this draft. 

For his value, I think it was worth it.  But it is going to be interesting after the draft if we give him his qualifying offer to stay in Charlotte.  If not, it was a bad trade and we should have kept the 2nd rounder.

Posted

I stand corrected, I just remembered he was with Indiana for a stint. Pie for you.

Looking back at the Mullens trade, we gave up our 2nd round pick to OKC in this draft.

For his value, I think it was worth it. But it is going to be interesting after the draft if we give him his qualifying offer to stay in Charlotte. If not, it was a bad trade and we should have kept the 2nd rounder.

I was going to mention that, I almost want to offer him so we can say we didn't essentially waste a trade/draft pick.

Posted

I was going to mention that, I almost want to offer him so we can say we didn't essentially waste a trade/draft pick.

I agree, if we don't offer him or extend him outright, it was a wasted 2nd rounder that could have netted us another potential role player like Jeff Taylor who I think was a good value last season in 2nd round.

Posted

I haven't seen any schmock drafts - who does the consensus have us taking?  Len?  Maybe Bennett?

Posted

I haven't seen any schmock drafts - who does the consensus have us taking?  Len?  Maybe Bennett?

Both... sprinkled in with a few McLemore's and a few Porter's