Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Howard Will Not Re-Sign With Lakers

34 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

LOL Right?! The first thing I thought of was "Somehow the Lakers are gonna get Wiggins and be a top 5 team for years to come". On the topic of Dwight though...do NOT want. He is such a baby. Granted the talent is there (obviously) but there is no guarantee if we got him that he would stay beyond a year or whatever time span he decides is too much time. Probably about 2 weeks here.

You must hate Cam Newton... 

I look at it the same way that I look at the Newton situation... there childish antics (moping, poor press conferences, side line demeanor) is because they are very fierce competitors who want to win more than anything.

It's clear that it's not about money because L.A. can offer Howard the most money.

Posted · Report post

Broussard has been wrong more than he's been right.  Last year he said for a week that D12 to the Nets was imminent then two months later he was traded to the Lakers.  Broussard is an absolute joke when it comes to sports journalism....

I agree, he makes a lot of his stuff up (or his sources are deaf).

Hopefully he wouldn't make up this story just to say that he was the first to report it. 

Posted · Report post

I agree, he makes a lot of his stuff up (or his sources are deaf).

Hopefully he wouldn't make up this story just to say that he was the first to report it. 

I think he's just making shit up (as far as actually having sources saying Dwight has already made his mind up.  That said, anybody could make observation that Howard is unhappy in Pringles system.  The sad thing for Lakers fans, is that if Jeanie had been given control when Dr. Buss died this wouldn't even have been an issue.  Pringles would have finished out the year, been handed his walking papers and Phil or Brian Shaw would be the coach and there would be no questions on whether or not Dwight was staying to be the focal point of the Triangle going forward....

Posted · Report post

Also if he wants to be the focal point of an offense the only realistic spot for him is Dallas.  He goes to Houston and he's on a great young team, but Harden is THE guy, and Parsons is only going to get better.  He's not going to be the man there, Harden will always get the last possession, will always be the guy they go to when they need a bucket.  The funny thing is Houston runs a system that's really similar to what L.A. does....

Posted · Report post

Dwight can come be the focal point in CLT lol

Posted · Report post

Dwight can come be the focal point in CLT lol

I said realistic  :D

Posted · Report post

I said realistic :D

Damn lol

Posted · Report post

Was just texting a friend and here is what he said on Howard to the BuzzCats...

I said we have Clifford and Ewing, we will at least talk to him, he replied...

"Talk, flirt but we won't ever take him to Olive Garden or show him our penis. Aka 40 million"

Posted · Report post

I'm fine with Dwight leaving since it seems like Jimmy is determined to keep Pringles.  I just hope he goes to a team that will utilize him best, because he's a phenomenal player and the NBA needs that Dwight back.  Also, I'm good because Pau's best position is at Center anyway where he can utilize his post moves.  I just hope Kobe takes his time getting back, and we are drafting VERY high in next years draft.  Then you can rebuild around that draft pick, and a clean slate in 2014/15.  I can just about guarantee this though, in 2015 Kevin Love will be a Laker....

Posted · Report post

Not surprised at all. Why would you want to.play for a team that both the fans and some teammates try to scapegoat you to cover for other people's failings in the front office and on the court?

Posted · Report post

I'm fine with Dwight leaving since it seems like Jimmy is determined to keep Pringles. I just hope he goes to a team that will utilize him best, because he's a phenomenal player and the NBA needs that Dwight back. Also, I'm good because Pau's best position is at Center anyway where he can utilize his post moves. I just hope Kobe takes his time getting back, and we are drafting VERY high in next years draft. Then you can rebuild around that draft pick, and a clean slate in 2014/15. I can just about guarantee this though, in 2015 Kevin Love will be a Laker....

That all depends if someone trades for him first, if Minnesota feels like they can't resign him, they'll trade him and I have a hard time believing that a team would trade a bunch of assets for Love without knowing that he would resign or inking him to a contract extension.

Posted · Report post

Dwight waivers with the wind.  I expect him back in LA or going to Houston.