Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Howard Will Not Re-Sign With Lakers

34 posts in this topic

Posted

That all depends if someone trades for him first, if Minnesota feels like they can't resign him, they'll trade him and I have a hard time believing that a team would trade a bunch of assets for Love without knowing that he would resign or inking him to a contract extension.

I really doubt he would accept a trade to anywhere that made him guarantee he would sign a new deal.  It's one of the worst kept secrets in the NBA that he wanted to be a Laker from the day he was drafted...

Posted

Dwight waivers with the wind.  I expect him back in LA or going to Houston.

I don't think there's any chance he's back in L.A. as long as Pringles is in charge.  I expect him to go to Dallas and be a true focal point....

Posted

I really doubt he would accept a trade to anywhere that made him guarantee he would sign a new deal. It's one of the worst kept secrets in the NBA that he wanted to be a Laker from the day he was drafted...

It's not about making him sign a new deal, it's about going to a team that he wouldn't mind signing a new deal with.

Posted

Cuban will romance him to Dallas lol.

If Howard signs in Charlotte, I think everyone in the league's heads would explode lol.

I do however think he would do better in a smaller market like here, but even Dallas will be a nice change of pace for him.

Posted

Chris Broussard is a joke of a reporter

1 person likes this

Posted

It's not about making him sign a new deal, it's about going to a team that he wouldn't mind signing a new deal with.

Why would he do that when he can just wait two years and go wherever he wants....

Posted

Why would he do that when he can just wait two years and go wherever he wants....

Hypothetical... because I saw that Cleveland was interested in trading for Love.

Let's say next year Cleveland trades Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters, and their 2014 draft pick for Love...

2014 is also they year that LBJ also becomes a free agent and I really think he will return to Cleveland.

Now the Cavs have a nucleus of Irving, Love, and James... The point is, you never know what kind of situation you are going to go to. If Love gets traded to a good situation, he might just ink a contract extension.

Posted

If he's smart, he goes to Houston.  He has one of the best young players in the league (Harden) and nice pieces like Parsons around him.  If they had to get rid of Asik, they could acquire another nice piece there.  He had a similar group of guys in Orlando when he went to the Finals, where he was the anchor down low while the team bombed 3's around him.  Not to mention Harden is better than anyone he played with in Orlando.  

Posted

Hypothetical... because I saw that Cleveland was interested in trading for Love.

Let's say next year Cleveland trades Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters, and their 2014 draft pick for Love...

2014 is also they year that LBJ also becomes a free agent and I really think he will return to Cleveland.

Now the Cavs have a nucleus of Irving, Love, and James... The point is, you never know what kind of situation you are going to go to. If Love gets traded to a good situation, he might just ink a contract extension.

I'm a big believer (and made this conspiracy comment after the lottery), that LBJ back to Cleveland will happen as a PR move/huge story for the NBA. Stern/Silver know this and wanted to make sure LBJ had a nice nucleus to return to, giving them a couple #1 picks and the pieces to acquire guys to create an enticing nucleus for LeBron. 

Irving/Love/LBJ, if the first two stay healthy, is downright unfair. 

Posted

I'm a big believer (and made this conspiracy comment after the lottery), that LBJ back to Cleveland will happen as a PR move/huge story for the NBA. Stern/Silver know this and wanted to make sure LBJ had a nice nucleus to return to, giving them a couple #1 picks and the pieces to acquire guys to create an enticing nucleus for LeBron.

Irving/Love/LBJ, if the first two stay healthy, is downright unfair.

Yeah, there's your new big three.