Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston/Brooklyn Blockbuster trade RUMOR

53 posts in this topic

Posted

Two 35 year olds and a 37 year old for 5 players and 3 first round choices?

Hell no. Sure, MAYBE they can pull a championship next year, but what if they don't. If they win a championship, then it might be a flush. If they don't win a championship, they'll be crap for a few years.

The Celtics won this trade by a long shot. I'm not a fan of the whole "win now" perspective, I'd rather build up for the future and have a good team for years to come, not just a year or two.

1 person likes this

Posted

BN0bEEVCQAAVCe8.png

BN0fxvbCQAAj20s.jpg

BN0XJ7MCYAEs8RO.jpg

Rondo when he comes to practice....

1 person likes this

Posted

BN0bEEVCQAAVCe8.png

BN0fxvbCQAAj20s.jpg

BN0XJ7MCYAEs8RO.jpg

Rondo when he comes to practice....

They were saying earlier that Rondo may also get moved. Keeping Rondo would take out any of their chances a crack of the Andrew Wiggins Sweepstake. We better "TANK", bc we're not the only team who's going to purposely tank next season for a great draft.

Posted

You have to wonder how much KG and Pierce have left in the tank. That's a killer line-up in Brooklyn, but I think it's fair to say their window for winning a championship with KG is pretty much two years or bust. 

Can't wait to hear the story next June when the Celtics miraculously get the #1 overall pick in the lottery finishing with the 9th worst record and select Andrew Wiggins.  ;) Obviously not fixed at all.  ;)

Posted

They were saying earlier that Rondo may also get moved. Keeping Rondo would take out any of their chances a crack of the Andrew Wiggins Sweepstake. We better "TANK", bc we're not the only team who's going to purposely tank next season for a great draft.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's already been decided the Celtics will get a top 3 pick in the lottery, even if they finish with the 14th overall record.

Posted

If the boston fuging celtics get Wiggins I am going to be pissed off

Posted

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's already been decided the Celtics will get a top 3 pick in the lottery, even if they finish with the 14th overall record.

I cannot disagree.

Posted

Celtics get pick one, Lakers get pick 2, Hornets get pick three. At least next year should be loaded and three will be a good player...

Posted

Celtics get pick one, Lakers get pick 2, Hornets get pick three. At least next year should be loaded and three will be a good player...

I dont care if we get pick no5, but if the Lakers or Celtics land in the top 5 Ima murder someone.

Wiggins is the prospect everyone wants, but there's also other very good players. Let's hope that Jabari do enters the Draft. Many thinks he might stay for a 2nd year at Duke. He's a humble kid that may rather work on his crafts and aim for a degree rather than entering the league after one season.

(1) Wiggins

(2) Parker

(3) Smart

(4) Randle

(5) Gordon

I'd take anyone one of them!

Posted

So the official parameters of the trade were...

Brooklyn Receives: Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Jason Terry

Boston Receives: Gerald Wallace, Kris Humphries, Reggie Evans, Kieth Bogans (sign and trade), 2014 first rounder, 2016 first rounder, and 2018 first rounder

1 person likes this

Posted

I will definitely go to a BuzzCats/Nets game...

PG: Deron Williams, MarShon Brooks, Tyshawn Taylor

SG: Joe Johnson, Jason Terry

SF: Paul Pierce, Kris Joseph

PF: Kevin Garnett, Mira Teletovic, Tornike Shengelia

C: Brook Lopez, Mason Plumlee

They will a huge threat to Miami.

Posted

So the official parameters of the trade were...

Brooklyn Receives: Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Jason Terry

Boston Receives: Gerald Wallace, Kris Humphries, Reggie Evans, Kieth Bogans (sign and trade), 2014 first rounder, 2016 first rounder, and 2018 first rounder

Any word on protections?