52 replies to this topic

#46 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,893 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

Honestly, if I'm Brooklyn, I'm calling up C.J. Leslie's agent as soon as I can and bringing him in on a minimum deal.  At this point, they need youth and athleticism off the bench.  C.J. can bring that and the veteran presence there can keep his attitude in check.  No reason not to give him a look in the summer league.

From the Celtics side, I don't really get this and there's no way the league can say this was a better deal for them than sending KG to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan.  The picks are all crapshots and Crash's contract is terrible.

CJ signed with the NYK late last night

#47 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

Wiggins wont go to us because we're a small market team (maybe the smallest fanbase right now) and the people who run the NBA are scum.

Fact.

#48 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,540 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

There is talks that MarShon Brooks might be switched out for Reggie Evans in the trade.

#49 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,815 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

There is talks that MarShon Brooks might be switched out for Reggie Evans in the trade.

Think it happened already. Said Nets targeting Jason Collins also.

#50 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,540 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

Think it happened already. Said Nets targeting Jason Collins also.

That's going to go over well.

#51 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,403 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

Two 35 year olds and a 37 year old for 5 players and 3 first round choices?

Hell no. Sure, MAYBE they can pull a championship next year, but what if they don't. If they win a championship, then it might be a flush. If they don't win a championship, they'll be crap for a few years.

The Celtics won this trade by a long shot. I'm not a fan of the whole "win now" perspective, I'd rather build up for the future and have a good team for years to come, not just a year or two.

Maybe building works in the NFL and MLB, but not the NBA anymore. The Heat bought their championships. The Lakers bought their championships. You don't build in the NBA. It just isn't how it works anymore.

#52 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,540 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

Maybe building works in the NFL and MLB, but not the NBA anymore. The Heat bought their championships. The Lakers bought their championships. You don't build in the NBA. It just isn't how it works anymore.

OKC still had a young team and they built a hell of a team... San Antonio built all of their championship teams and Dallas pretty much built there championship team as well...

Buying a championship is much more difficult than you think... New York and the L.A. Clippers have failed to "buy" themselves a championship.

#53 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

Don't think it's worth it for a single season's shot. Maybe two if they're lucky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users