Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UPS makes it Christmas every week!

125 posts in this topic

Posted

Venetian plaster fake look? For a backsplash to contrast a mosaic tile counter? You call that dump SWEET? Well now we established you have the tastes of a homeless vagabond, we should stop letting you post anything opinion related! So basically you have a wood bull nose and no backsplash with a porous natural tile with tons of grout lines for a counter, great job, sounds ideal! I guess the first time you spill a colored drink, you will find out why people don't use that for counters. What's next, newspaper insulation on your exhaust vents? Gasoline lit fireplace!? Lol. I guess ignorance is bliss!

They produce grout and sealants specifically made for kitchen tile counter-tops. It's not Philly's fault that you're a moron who acts like you're some expert of everything. 

Posted

They produce grout and sealants specifically made for kitchen tile counter-tops. It's not Philly's fault that you're a moron who acts like you're some expert of everything.

Oh really, they make something called tile and grout sealant? No way, it can't be!

Maybe do a quick search on how 99% of those jobs workout. And looking at the level of Phillys work, he's not going to make that one percent. To start with, he probably used sanded grout. secondly, there is no backsplash! Just because you can do something, doesn't mean it should be done, and he chose the worst at every turn, form $30 particle board cabinets, no moisture barrier between tile and plywood, wood bull nose,a mosaic tile that quadruples the grout area which is the hardest part to clean and first part sealant will fail and will be a Petri dish for bacteria, but hey, I guess you have as much experience as i do.

Posted

you must have some serious insecurity issues alice, like chronic bed wetting or something terribly fuging hilarious

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh really, they make something called tile and grout sealant? No way, it can't be!

Maybe do a quick search on how 99% of those jobs workout. And looking at the level of Phillys work, he's not going to make that one percent. To start with, he probably used sanded grout. secondly, there is no backsplash! Just because you can do something, doesn't mean it should be done, and he chose the worst at every turn, form $30 particle board cabinets, no moisture barrier between tile and plywood, wood bull nose,a mosaic tile that quadruples the grout area which is the hardest part to clean and first part sealant will fail and will be a Petri dish for bacteria, but hey, I guess you have as much experience as i do.

No you fuging shitstain. I built houses for over a fuging decade. I grew up in the construction industry. I've built over 200 houses in my life, 90% of them being larger and worth more than your shithole, including over 20 for famous people. How many have you built?

You can buy grout that doesn't require sealant that is made for fuging counter-top tile. Tons of people build kitchen counters with wood bullnosing. Kitchen counters don't require a moisture barrier, though you can certainly put one if you feel like it, it's just not necessary unless you're using like sandstone or coral tile - it's not like it's a fuging shower floor.

Also the backsplash is installed last, so saying "derp there's no backsplash derp" is fuging moronic as the picture is an unfinished product, you jackass.

Posted

lol wrong on all counts. but i guess its no surprise that a pastry-huffing milquetoast such as yourself has never learned a physical laboring skill in his entire life and has to resort to parroting stuff a contractor with dollar signs in his eyes said to make an incredibly easy sale

3 people like this

Posted

yip! yip! yip! yip! yip! yip! yip! yip! yip! yip! yip! yip! 

little dog, that's all I hear.

I used to install that stuff all the time, now I just do it part time when I pick up the odd jobs in my spare time during the winter, the sealants actually come off the stone first because they are usually slightly raised surface to the grout, slight raise = more wear, so as long as you seal usually once a year you are good(for natural stone), so thats strike 1.  

Sanded grout is a type of finish for grout, not a type of grout itself, all that is added is (shocker here) SAND to the mixture to add a bit of texture to it, otherwise there is no difference at all compared to other products or negatives other then the sanded ground isnt very good for those really tight 1/16 fits, and that's it strike 2.

no moisture barrier is required between tile and plywood, they have a latex additive that you can use with the mortar that acts as the barrier itself when you do the install, wouldn't use it that way on drywall, on that we use green board, but thats only for showers and bathrooms where a lot of moisture can get on the walls so thats strike 3.

That's 3 strikes now, so can you please GTFO

1 person likes this

Posted

L

M

A

O

1 person likes this

Posted

yip! yip! yip! yip! yip! yip! yip! yip! yip! yip! yip! yip!

little dog, that's all I hear.

I used to install that stuff all the time, now I just do it part time when I pick up the odd jobs in my spare time during the winter, the sealants actually come off the stone first because they are usually slightly raised surface to the grout, slight raise = more wear, so as long as you seal usually once a year you are good(for natural stone), so thats strike 1.

Sanded grout is a type of finish for grout, not a type of grout itself, all that is added is (shocker here) SAND to the mixture to add a bit of texture to it, otherwise there is no difference at all compared to other products or negatives other then the sanded ground isnt very good for those really tight 1/16 fits, and that's it strike 2.

no moisture barrier is required between tile and plywood, they have a latex additive that you can use with the mortar that acts as the barrier itself when you do the install, wouldn't use it that way on drywall, on that we use green board, but thats only for showers and bathrooms where a lot of moisture can get on the walls so thats strike 3.

That's 3 strikes now, so can you please GTFO

1. A clean person trying to scrub everything clean from grout will usually wear it out there first, so not as noticeable as when the tile chips, but even you are furthering the big point, sealant almost always fails. So thanks for agreeing

2. I said "he probably used" sanded grout, which meant to say he probably used the wrong ground for that size joint, once again agreeing with me since you have some reading comprehension issues.

3. Although moisture barrier is required, this is a tiny expense that any reputable installer would do, As you pointed out earlier, sealant will fail, it's a travertine of limestone super porous stone counter with 10 times the grout lines as opposed to a 12x12 tile. So yes, while not code, while not absolutely required, did you notice the particle board cabinets? So you have a super porous stone tile, 10 times the grout lines, and a cheap cabinet that will fall apart even with one time of wetting. Not necessary, but the $5 of tar paper and 10 minutes extra work would be done by anyone reputable! I used those same cheap cabinets in my apartments and one leak under the sink expands the particle board and causes it to warp and fail.

Now you're just arguing to argue and anything I say is going to be wrong so whatevs!

Posted

L

M

A

O

R

O

G

A

I

N

E

Posted

anyone else notice everything alice (claims he) owns looks like it was stolen from the set of Saved by the Bell?

pink shoes, man purse, (seriously, that is the most unprofessional briefcase i've ever seen), his ugly ass shirts, and even those countertops look like they're from 1993.

in fact i'm pretty sure this is exactly how alice envisions himself in his mind's eye:

zach-morris-phone.jpg?w=300&h=0&zc=1&s=0

when really he's more like this:

screech_lgl.jpg

Posted

lol wrong on all counts. but i guess its no surprise that a pastry-huffing milquetoast such as yourself has never learned a physical laboring skill in his entire life and has to resort to parroting stuff a contractor with dollar signs in his eyes said to make an incredibly easy sale

its all becoming so very apparent now

Posted

Alice, he put down fuging concrete tile backer board of which all brands are moisture resistant and some even completely water proof. That's more than enough moisture barrier for a fuging kitchen counter top. Unless he literally floods his entire kitchen, he's not going to get moisture damage into his cabinets. 

2 people like this