124 replies to this topic

#71 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationNew Orleans
HUDDLER

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

i bet you refer to all the colors of things you own by their incredibly pretentious descriptions because you think it makes you sound sophisticated and upper-crust

"mom which scarf do you think looks better with my blouse, the whisper of egyptian sand one or the sunbaked terracotta one with smouldered gooseberry stitching?"

Look who's talking, lets revisit your description of you putting,

" the pointier the tip, the more modern, the rougher the pottery, the older"

Translated by Philly to sound more sophisticated:
^ that was taken in the middle of a day-long survey/mapping project at this site that was recently discovered. basically we're doing some basic analysis to determine when it was occupied and what we can tell about it in relation to other cultures/empires. on the first go-round last week we found pottery, which told us it wasn't pre-ceramic, as feared. the roughness of the pottery (as opposed to the fineware we're processing in the lab) suggests that it's a late formative site (which would place it around 200 CE.) however, today's analysis proved even more useful, if more tedious... on one of my many routes on an imaginary grid imposed over the contoured ridge composing the site, i came across this small lithic (stone) projectile point. comparisons to sites surrounding it suggest that it's significantly thinner than formative projectile points, indicating an advance in lithic production that's distinctly middle horizon (roughly speaking, around 600-800 CE.)

#72 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

DeAngelo Williams/Steve Smith Huddle: Est 2003

• LocationChapel Hill
SUPPORTER

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

There is a reason poor like you stay poor, they sit on the sidelines talking down everything they don't know anything about and never get ahead. Lets do a little math, I bought 3 pair of Lebron Denims at $160 a pair, they are currently selling for $450-$750 on ebay, sneaker sites, craiglist, and any other place they resell sold out sneaker. The resale stores are selling them for $650 right now. As has been proven over and over and over again, as this once release shoe gets harder to find, price will continue to increase over time. So if I go sell all thread pairs of shoes, I can pocket over $1k profit for the hard work of picking up a raffle to let at store, showing up Sat to buy a shoe.

Gee $1k profit and growing for 4 minutes of walking into a store and buying some shoes, what a dumb sucker I am. Boo hoo. I'm only making $250 a minute minimum off all that hard work! How embarrassing!

Blah blah blah

#73 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

Look who's talking, lets revisit your description of you putting, " the pointier the tip, the more modern".

wut

#74 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

This is Alice.....

3sg39c.jpg

Just replace the skinny Matt Ryan looking douche with a pudgy looking child molester in a fedora.

#75 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

I make my own cables from solid silver core. The connectors are Cryo treated silver plated in gold. Most of wire is Vampire and ends are WBT or Oyaide or Furutech. You won't find this stuff at a best buy, what they call high end is for the suckers.

Here you can build your own quality wires:
http://www.revolutio...ptacles/Oyaide/

http://www.expertrev...bsolute-proof/3

At this point I think you are posting from an Insane Asylum when its "free time" from eating oatmeal and drawing shapes.

#76 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

Alice,

I just have I one question.

Are you able to enjoy such luxuries because of your own hard work or is it as a result from your parents hard work?

#77 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

here is an example of why you are hopelessly vapid. following is a picture of the custom countertops i installed in my home when i remodeled the kitchen. i laid down backerboard and screwed it into the top of unfinished cabinets that i stained myself, and then nailed in cedar strips around the outside to create a frame, and then purchased gridded stone tablets to lay down, custom-cut all the angles, and cemented them into place, grouted, and polished. boom, custom countertops.

429278_10100162039244101_156345657_n.jpg

the packaging on the tablet material said "imported turkish stone." i got it from home depot, which got it from a manufacturer with a good marketing rep smart enough to name it something that would sell it, and not "brown rock tile." however your hokey ass would be wallering around talking about your "two centimeter custom imported turkish stone max-glazed and fluoro-sealed countertops, these bad boys were mined with impoverished labor-class workers outside of istanbul" to your chef who smiles and pretends to be impressed but secretly loathes your false sense of importance and your revolting opulence in asking a chef to prepare your goddamn mutt filet mignon dinners.

Make sure you seal that poo up well.

That will be a neat look when its all done.

When I work on my kitchen I will invite your fam to the beach.

We can build poo (I give steaks and beer) and the kids can play and I can oggle at your wife when my wife isn't looking and viceversa if you wish.

Good times!

#78 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationNew Orleans
HUDDLER

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

This is Alice.....

3sg39c.jpg

Just replace the skinny Matt Ryan looking douche with a pudgy looking child molester in a fedora.

I have that same Viktor and Rolf jacket, but in black, looks stupid in grey.

#79 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

Make sure you seal that poo up well.

That will be a neat look when its all done.

When I work on my kitchen I will invite your fam to the beach.

We can build poo (I give steaks and beer) and the kids can play and I can oggle at your wife when my wife isn't looking and viceversa if you wish.

Good times!

yeah it's sealed up. this is actually from a year and a half ago so everything's finished now, except for one small section i haven't gotten around to. i troweled a venetian plaster finish on the walls and built an arched entryway into the kitchen so it's pretty sweet

and that would be fun, i haven't been down to your area in quite some time. once i get back from peru in  early august i should be throwing a deckwarming party to celebrate finally finishing that beast, so if a drive up isn't too bad for you guys you should definitely come. i may try to make it coincide with a preseason game and haul my tv out there

#80 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

sure....you just said it was venetian to make it sound more exotic and expensive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users