#1 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

On my way home I was listening to ESPNLA's Max and Marcellus show and they were talking about Dwight Howard leaving the Lakers, blah blah blah....then they talk about the Logo and NBA legend Jerry West and how things may be different if he were still running the Lakers...

Then all of a sudden, the fill in for Max Kellerman starts talking about how Jerry West was brought in by Jerry Richardson to help mentor Cam Newton and that he was working with Cam on "getting his mind right."

It was just a 30 second mention but I hope that this is a true story.

Given it was radio, obviously no links at the moment.

However, I could not find this anywhere online in any articles either so if anyone can confirm this it would be great.

Thoughts?

Edit:

Here is the MP3 of the podcast I recorded straight from audio. For those interested in the Max and Marcellus podcast, it is in the last two minutes of hour 2 on 6/27/13.

The fill in for Max Kellerman is a journalist named Rick Schwartz and he is the one who actually mentions Jerry West and Cam Newton. He states that no one really knows about this. He is also a decent journalist (broke Brett Favre retirement story). So there may be some validity to his claim.

http://www.thepostga...r/rick-schwartz

Attached Files

• Attached File  cam.mp3   3.91MB   65 downloads

#2 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,337 posts
  • LocationMaine/Cali

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

A little surprising but that is good news. I think we would have heard of this though... I'm interested to hear more on this.

#3 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:59 PM

Interesting. very interesting.

#4 Montie_0123

Montie_0123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

I have no problem with it.

#5 Creep59

Creep59

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationHatteras Canyon

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

Read Jerry Wests autobiography - he had a few mind problems of his own.  much as I like West I dont see how hes going to turn an immature kid into a mature one.  If Cam ever grows up its going to be his own doing, not a mind coaches.

#6 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

Read Jerry Wests autobiography - he had a few mind problems of his own. much as I like West I dont see how hes going to turn an immature kid into a mature one. If Cam ever grows up its going to be his own doing, not a mind coaches.

There's some HS froshies waiting in ur bed grits go attend to them

#7 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,889 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

There's some HS froshies waiting in ur bed grits go attend to them

now now, he's not grits.  he just has the exact same opinions as he does, lives in south carolina, and is a redskins fan.

#8 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,889 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

i'm skeptical of this development because, with how information starved this place is right now, this board would have been all over a story like this before anybody on ESPN, especially an out of market station, would have bothered to mention it.

#9 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

now now, he's not grits. he just has the exact same opinions as he does, lives in south carolina, and is a redskins fan.

Really? Thought he was lol

#10 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

i'm skeptical of this development because, with how information starved this place is right now, this board would have been all over a story like this before anybody on ESPN, especially an out of market station, would have bothered to mention it.

That's why I posted it before anybody else. Lets see how true it is. I tweeted the show host and other "NFL" guys

#11 89 Bottom Line

89 Bottom Line

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:33 PM

Read Jerry Wests autobiography - he had a few mind problems of his own. much as I like West I dont see how hes going to turn an immature kid into a mature one. If Cam ever grows up its going to be his own doing, not a mind coaches.

I hope you get Carson Palmered. Your not a real person.

#12 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:51 PM

Read Jerry Wests autobiography - he had a few mind problems of his own.  much as I like West I dont see how hes going to turn an immature kid into a mature one.  If Cam ever grows up its going to be his own doing, not a mind coaches.

you are such a douche

#13 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:52 PM

now now, he's not grits. he just has the exact same opinions as he does, lives in south carolina, and is a redskins fan.

And just happens to use similar screen names and avatars to other grits alts. Totally not the sane person

#14 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:19 PM

And just happens to use similar screen names and avatars to other grits alts. Totally not the sane person

I'm seriously confused I really thought he was grits?

#15 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:59 AM

Remember last season the Panthers were talking about Cam's mind coach.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.