• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,305 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

Just throwing another one out there... Outstanding rookie year, seemed to fall out of favor with front office and coaches there. Is younger than JR Smith, Mayo, and Henderson. But, I think his ball handling and playmaking could be a great compliment to Kemba as a duo.

I still think JR is the prefect fit offensively for what we need on a reasonable contract but I like Evans. Only problem is, Evans is a RFA and I don't want to get into a bidding war that could drive up the price on a guy we would get cheaper if he was an UFA.

#2 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,716 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

Yeah, hated the fact he was drafted before Hendo, but if he could be reasonably had I'd be all aboard for it.

Always likened him to a not-so-poor-man's D Wade.

#3 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

If we don't resign Hendo... Go get him

#4 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,731 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

I think you could get Evans for around 9-10 Million a season while Hendo after blowing up late last season will probably be in the 7-8/9 million range. Not sure which one I'd rather have for the cost, maybe neither of them. 

#5 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,233 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

Tyreke Evans destiny is to be a combo guard off the bench for a team that is contending. He doesn't really have a true position, but would be fantastic coming in when starters are resting and providing his team with offense. 

I really like him, I just don't think he really fits us/would want to be here. San Antonio might try to get him to replace Manu. 

#6 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

I'll go after him, but I'm not sure why Sac wouldn't "match" any offer thrown at him. Even with the addition of McLemore, I think Sac could be deadly if they move Evans back to PG.

PG: Evans
SG: McLemore
C  : Cousins

I'll go hard after Evans. Always been a favorite of mine. He wasnt just the ROTY for no reason.

#7 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

I think you could get Evans for around 9-10 Million a season while Hendo after blowing up late last season will probably be in the 7-8/9 million range. Not sure which one I'd rather have for the cost, maybe neither of them. 

Easy, EVANS!

#8 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,305 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

I'll go after him, but I'm not sure why Sac wouldn't "match" any offer thrown at him. Even with the addition of McLemore, I think Sac could be deadly if they move Evans back to PG.

PG: Evans
SG: McLemore
C : Cousins

I'll go hard after Evans. Always been a favorite of mine. He wasnt just the ROTY for no reason.

I'm fairly certain they only qualified him to possibly get something out of him. They've been rumored to have been shopping him for the last two years IIRC. They don't want him.

#9 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

Yeah, hated the fact he was drafted before Hendo

Evans was Rookie of the Year

#10 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:47 PM

I'm fairly certain they only qualified him to possibly get something out of him. They've been rumored to have been shopping him for the last two years IIRC. They don't want him.

He don't want them

#11 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,305 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

He don't want them

Either, or... Lol.

#12 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

I hope so. Evans would be a great young piece to build around with our young core for the future. I think we're still bad enough to be able to contend for a top3 pick next year. Evans would be an instant upgrade over what we have at SG. Yes, he's better than Hendo.

Imagine 2014

PG: Kemba

SG: Evans

SF: Wiggins? Parker? / MKG

PF: Zeller / MKG

C  : Biz

or

PG: Kemba

SG: Evans

SF: MKG

PF: Randle? Gordon? / Biz

C  : Zeller

#13 Montie_0123

Montie_0123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

If it was possible to get him I'm for it but I don't see Sac letting him go that easy, I believe they will match any offer thrown at him.

#14 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,305 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:51 PM

I think they'll threaten to match any offer to pry some value back for him.

#15 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,731 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

I think they'll threaten to match any offer to pry some value back for him.

To get him it'll probably take a at least 10 million a season contract plus a first rounder. Would it be worth it to give up the Portland pick in a sign and trade with Sacramento????

He's likely better then anyone that the Bobcats can get at 13th in the 2014 draft and they'd be able to get him a season earlier.

However, getting Evans might make the Bobcats a much better team.

Kemba/Sessions

Evans/Gordon/Taylor

MKG/Taylor

Zeller/McRoberts

Biz/???

If Biz and MKG make improvements like expected plus the P&R with Zeller and Kemba that could be a 30ish win team out of the top 5. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users