Photo
- - - - -

North Carolina Loves Basketball (NBA Draft Market Ratings)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,446 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

The NBA just released the ratings and top markets for the NBA Draft and North Carolina blew everyone out of the water...

Highest-rated TV markets for NBA Draft: 1.Louisville; 2.Memphis; 3.Cleve; 4.Indy; 5.OKC; 6.Ral-Durham; 7.DET; 8.Charlotte; 9. D.C.; 10. KC.

If you combine the fact that two of the biggest cities/areas in North Carolina were in the top 10 in highest rated tv markets, it shows that North Carolina was the number one market for the NBA Draft...

These numbers prove to me that their is no doubt that North Carolina would support and love a good NBA team.

#2 MCC

MCC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

Granted, I do believe that NC will support an NBA team that wins, I don't think you can base this off Draft TV ratings. 

Of the cities on this list, DC is the only large market. 

#3 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,167 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

I contributed two TVs in the Raleigh Durham area

#4 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

Granted, I do believe that NC will support an NBA team that wins, I don't think you can base this off Draft TV ratings. 

Of the cities on this list, DC is the only large market. 

True, but just because you're in a large market doesn't mean people are interested. A lot of it has to do with this thing we call bandwagonism...

Sure, I'll support the team when it's in the NBA Finals; but I won't go to regular season games, watch the draft, buy the merchandise, etc...

Two of the cities don't even have an NBA team in their state, so it does show which areas are more overall interested in basketball.

#5 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,748 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

And this was without a "star" lottery pick expected guy coming out of the Triangle.  Nice to see. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users