Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

North Carolina Dropped From Federal Unemployment Program

38 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

It's cheaper for them to hire high school and college kids. Yes, high schoolers and college kids are willing to accept lover wages.

Well I am ALWAYS willing to accept a lover wage... wink wink

Posted · Report post

Rofl, damn Siri keep changing my misspelled words to the wrong ones.

Posted · Report post

The problem with a lot of people that think these other jobs are beneath them is  their standard of living.   They consider Direct TV, cellphone , suv (any nice car), internet  and other things as necessities.  People feel entitled to these things and why not I want  my kids to have all this but if it comes down to it you do what you got to do.

Posted · Report post

this is a tough one. it could crush some people are legitimately looking for work and can't find a job and are barely and i mean barely making ends meet.

now you will have some people that will now take whatever work they can get and they might be good. you will have some though that will get desperate and do crazy stuff.

more companies need to step up and hire. that is the overall best solution.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Remember this thread....all the gnashing of teeth about McCrory and the unemployment craziness?

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303670804579233913327613176?KEYWORDS=unemployment+benefits+north+carolina

Snip from the editorial...

Some smart states have begun to resist Uncle Sam's not-so-free unemployment benefits and loans. While the feds have financed longer unemployment benefits, states in return have had to agree not to cut recipients' weekly payments. North Carolina, for example, was criticized as heartless for scaling back benefits earlier this year. But by doing so Raleigh avoided a payroll tax hike. Uncle Sam's unemployment extension and loans are a sucker's play for states, much as ObamaCare's Medicaid benefits create new long-term burdens.

So when you hear of "free money" from Washington to expand Medicaid...or unemployment, you never hear of the shortfalls the feds put on states who end up having to foot the bill.  Why?  Because they had to agree not to cut benefits...even in tough times. 

Posted · Report post

Remember this thread....all the gnashing of teeth about McCrory and the unemployment craziness?

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303670804579233913327613176?KEYWORDS=unemployment+benefits+north+carolina

Snip from the editorial...

So when you hear of "free money" from Washington to expand Medicaid...or unemployment, you never hear of the shortfalls the feds put on states who end up having to foot the bill.  Why?  Because they had to agree not to cut benefits...even in tough times. 

Medicaid expansion costs the states nothing for three more years. So half of the above op-ed is simply not even factual.

And I guarantee in less than 2 years McCrory and the right will be trying to throw this at the feet of the left and blame them, as if the state legislature had absolutely no other choice. This is nothing more than an intentional and spiteful effort to unemploy and disenfranchise even more of the ever-shrinking middle class while trying to blame the current administration and say, "Look what you did to us..."

Posted · Report post

Medicaid expansion costs the states nothing for three more years.

Stopped reading there

Posted · Report post

Stopped reading there

Absolutely, why let facts get in the way of useless rhetoric?

Posted · Report post

Absolutely, why let facts get in the way of useless rhetoric?

Yeah... Because there IS such a thing as free money!

I'm off to buy myself a pair of matching unicorns

Posted · Report post

Yeah... Because there IS such a thing as free money!

I'm off to buy myself a pair of matching unicorns

I'd expect nothing less from you- 

Posted · Report post

I'd expect nothing less from you- 

And I'd expect nothing more from you... let me know how delusion works out for ya

Posted · Report post

Some unemployed have children. Having to take a $500 a week job will incur not only the cost of commuting, food on the go and such but now a $100-$150 a week daycare per child.

After taxes you are spending 40+ hours just working for nothing bc now there is matienence on the car (tires,oil) that take away from groceries and power,gas, water funds.

...and as someone who was unemployed and now working for a company that has laid off over 500 employess this past year and more to come after this one im sure(jebus..) internet is a neccesity for a job search. Sure one can go to a library, a job center to access the internet but now some will not be able to afford the trip. Sure walking is free but when they were employed they moved to a developing suburb...good luck again.

There is nothing more disheartening than going in person to 15-25 companies and all tell you to just get on their website. Job Fairs are the worst at that. "Hi, I am Amy from HR at ABC company...ok here is a flyer and a button....just get on WWW....goodluck!

In SC they are trying to push a bill to require benefit recipients, who after 6 months have to enroll in a work program (16 hours a week) that matches job skills to earn continue benefits. This is a good thing in my opinion.

For NC to cut benefits, cut education and imagine this will trick employers into hiring more people is just insane. NC will definitely have a boom in crime rates, dropout rates bc parents are unable to support the family..and totally undo all the progress this sate has made in the last 20 years.

Employer will have a less attractive job pool and now the strain of Welfare benefits will increase bc persons who did not qualify with their unemployment income are now "Fully Qualified."

The NC government just increased the Medicaid enrollment(the best free Gov healthcare!!) , WIC program benefits(milk n cheese!! For free!! ...and any other cash assistance which is now fully qualified with zero income.

Teach these "leeches" a lesson to depend on governent bc they are lazy and unmotivated.

...but Pat McCory really thinks heated tile in the governors mansion bathroom would go really nice with the new gold fixtures on the toilet..bc of the Bible.