Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TruthVsComfort

North Carolina Dropped From Federal Unemployment Program

I'd expect nothing less from you-

I expect a lot less from a few posters here and always suprised when they fall even below those expectations.

Medicaid expansion costs the states nothing for three more years. So half of the above op-ed is simply not even factual.

And I guarantee in less than 2 years McCrory and the right will be trying to throw this at the feet of the left and blame them, as if the state legislature had absolutely no other choice. This is nothing more than an intentional and spiteful effort to unemploy and disenfranchise even more of the ever-shrinking middle class while trying to blame the current administration and say, "Look what you did to us..."

So there'd be no administrative hit on the existing systems run by the states?  Who pays those employees?

http://newsatjama.jama.com/2013/04/03/jama-forum-is-medicaid-expansion-really-a-no-brainer-for-states/

There is no guarantee that the deficit-burdened federal government will be able to maintain its funding promises to the states.

That's a biggie.

Add in the fact that more and more doctors, in case you aren't in the medical industry, are refusing medicare/medicaid new patients and more and more are planning to retire in the next year rather than deal with Obamacare....what impact do you believe that will have when demand goes up more yet supply reduced.  Again, you'll have a market respond especially when reimbursements are already being targeted.  Medicaid's undercompensated care is a bigger problem than providing uncompensated care for the indigent.

Nothing is ever free and I love how you phrased your retort limiting it to first 3 years.  Hilarious.

So there'd be no administrative hit on the existing systems run by the states?  Who pays those employees?

http://newsatjama.jama.com/2013/04/03/jama-forum-is-medicaid-expansion-really-a-no-brainer-for-states/

That's a biggie.

Add in the fact that more and more doctors, in case you aren't in the medical industry, are refusing medicare/medicaid new patients and more and more are planning to retire in the next year rather than deal with Obamacare....what impact do you believe that will have when demand goes up more yet supply reduced.  Again, you'll have a market respond especially when reimbursements are already being targeted.  Medicaid's undercompensated care is a bigger problem than providing uncompensated care for the indigent.

Nothing is ever free and I love how you phrased your retort limiting it to first 3 years.  Hilarious.

Again, I wouldn't expect you to read the facts and understand the program. That's not what the right wants from you. You act just as they have trained you- knee-jerk overreactions based in falsehoods... keep it up, though, you're just the person they're looking for.

What program are you talking about now...Medicaid or Unemployment?

Either one...states can be stuck with a bill that the feds can yank out from underneath them.  As quickly as 2-4 years...

Hate it for the people that this will affect negatively, however, you can only expect this "help" to be there for so long.

The past 7 years have been really tough on everyone I know, but the smart ones got out of debt, or are in a better place long term now that this happened.

Hopefully the majority of Americans learned about buying too much house, being up to their eyes in CC debt, and not having rainy day funds for when the ish hits the fan.

Yes G5 the number one issue facing states these days is the possibility that the nation they are part of suddenly can't pay the state something. I mean if the Federal Government collapses, it's not like the states are not going to just start printing their own confederate dollars or whatever hahaha and of course whatever tanked the Federal Government into collapse will not affect states in any other way lol

It's wonderful our Republican friends went nuts and started tearing down the guts of what was at one point a southern state all the really messed up southern states could someday aspire to be like, but the idea that a state will refuse to take the monies guaranteed to it purely out of political spite is one of the most destructive policies a local government could endorse.

If the reverse happened G5, I guarantee you the stupendous NC legislature would kill each other in order to move to the top of the pack in meeting all the Fed requirements for aid before their former "independence minded" voters run them out of town for not helping the normal people in their time of need.

It's wonderful our Republican friends went nuts and started tearing down the guts of what was at one point a southern state all the really messed up southern states could someday aspire to be like, but the idea that a state will refuse to take the monies guaranteed to it purely out of political spite is one of the most destructive policies a local government could endorse.

If the reverse happened G5, I guarantee you the stupendous NC legislature would kill each other in order to move to the top of the pack in meeting all the Fed requirements for aid before their former "independence minded" voters run them out of town for not helping the normal people in their time of need.

This ftw...

It's almost as if you didn't bother to read or learn anything about the issue but just bombed us with a trite quip.

Like usual.

I would contend that the best way to guarantee that monies are properly used for the local government is that they never be given to DC in the first place only to be charged an administrative overhead fee, laundered, and invoking a huge "mother may I?" process to get said original funds back in the first place

So they're trying to accelerate payback of 2.5 billion in debt.

They've lowered cash payouts equal to surrounding states.

While Congress allowed 4 states to lower late term cash payouts to recipients Congress never acted on NC's request to do the same.

OK

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Dilly Dilly