• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TruthVsComfort

North Carolina Dropped From Federal Unemployment Program

It's wonderful our Republican friends went nuts and started tearing down the guts of what was at one point a southern state all the really messed up southern states could someday aspire to be like, but the idea that a state will refuse to take the monies guaranteed to it purely out of political spite is one of the most destructive policies a local government could endorse.

If the reverse happened G5, I guarantee you the stupendous NC legislature would kill each other in order to move to the top of the pack in meeting all the Fed requirements for aid before their former "independence minded" voters run them out of town for not helping the normal people in their time of need.

This ftw...

It's almost as if you didn't bother to read or learn anything about the issue but just bombed us with a trite quip.

Like usual.

I would contend that the best way to guarantee that monies are properly used for the local government is that they never be given to DC in the first place only to be charged an administrative overhead fee, laundered, and invoking a huge "mother may I?" process to get said original funds back in the first place

So they're trying to accelerate payback of 2.5 billion in debt.

They've lowered cash payouts equal to surrounding states.

While Congress allowed 4 states to lower late term cash payouts to recipients Congress never acted on NC's request to do the same.

OK

I would contend that the best way to guarantee that monies are properly used for the local government is that they never be given to DC in the first place only to be charged an administrative overhead fee, laundered, and invoking a huge "mother may I?" process to get said original funds back in the first place

Ding.

Let states handle their own, decrease the size and scope of the wildly inefficient federal government.