#16 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,081 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

this is a tough one. it could crush some people are legitimately looking for work and can't find a job and are barely and i mean barely making ends meet.

now you will have some people that will now take whatever work they can get and they might be good. you will have some though that will get desperate and do crazy stuff.

more companies need to step up and hire. that is the overall best solution.

#17 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,532 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

Remember this thread....all the gnashing of teeth about McCrory and the unemployment craziness?

http://online.wsj.co... north carolina

Snip from the editorial...

Some smart states have begun to resist Uncle Sam's not-so-free unemployment benefits and loans. While the feds have financed longer unemployment benefits, states in return have had to agree not to cut recipients' weekly payments. North Carolina, for example, was criticized as heartless for scaling back benefits earlier this year. But by doing so Raleigh avoided a payroll tax hike. Uncle Sam's unemployment extension and loans are a sucker's play for states, much as ObamaCare's Medicaid benefits create new long-term burdens.

So when you hear of "free money" from Washington to expand Medicaid...or unemployment, you never hear of the shortfalls the feds put on states who end up having to foot the bill.  Why?  Because they had to agree not to cut benefits...even in tough times. 

#18 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,710 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

Remember this thread....all the gnashing of teeth about McCrory and the unemployment craziness?

http://online.wsj.co... north carolina

Snip from the editorial...

So when you hear of "free money" from Washington to expand Medicaid...or unemployment, you never hear of the shortfalls the feds put on states who end up having to foot the bill.  Why?  Because they had to agree not to cut benefits...even in tough times. 

Medicaid expansion costs the states nothing for three more years. So half of the above op-ed is simply not even factual.

And I guarantee in less than 2 years McCrory and the right will be trying to throw this at the feet of the left and blame them, as if the state legislature had absolutely no other choice. This is nothing more than an intentional and spiteful effort to unemploy and disenfranchise even more of the ever-shrinking middle class while trying to blame the current administration and say, "Look what you did to us..."

#19 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:32 PM

Medicaid expansion costs the states nothing for three more years.

Stopped reading there

#20 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,710 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

Stopped reading there

Absolutely, why let facts get in the way of useless rhetoric?

#21 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

Absolutely, why let facts get in the way of useless rhetoric?

Yeah... Because there IS such a thing as free money!

I'm off to buy myself a pair of matching unicorns

#22 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,710 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:44 PM

Yeah... Because there IS such a thing as free money!

I'm off to buy myself a pair of matching unicorns

I'd expect nothing less from you- 

#23 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:09 PM

And I'd expect nothing more from you... let me know how delusion works out for ya

#24 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,086 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

Some unemployed have children. Having to take a $500 a week job will incur not only the cost of commuting, food on the go and such but now a $100-$150 a week daycare per child.

After taxes you are spending 40+ hours just working for nothing bc now there is matienence on the car (tires,oil) that take away from groceries and power,gas, water funds.

...and as someone who was unemployed and now working for a company that has laid off over 500 employess this past year and more to come after this one im sure(jebus..) internet is a neccesity for a job search. Sure one can go to a library, a job center to access the internet but now some will not be able to afford the trip. Sure walking is free but when they were employed they moved to a developing suburb...good luck again.

There is nothing more disheartening than going in person to 15-25 companies and all tell you to just get on their website. Job Fairs are the worst at that. "Hi, I am Amy from HR at ABC company...ok here is a flyer and a button....just get on WWW....goodluck!

In SC they are trying to push a bill to require benefit recipients, who after 6 months have to enroll in a work program (16 hours a week) that matches job skills to earn continue benefits. This is a good thing in my opinion.

For NC to cut benefits, cut education and imagine this will trick employers into hiring more people is just insane. NC will definitely have a boom in crime rates, dropout rates bc parents are unable to support the family..and totally undo all the progress this sate has made in the last 20 years.

Employer will have a less attractive job pool and now the strain of Welfare benefits will increase bc persons who did not qualify with their unemployment income are now "Fully Qualified."

The NC government just increased the Medicaid enrollment(the best free Gov healthcare!!) , WIC program benefits(milk n cheese!! For free!! ...and any other cash assistance which is now fully qualified with zero income.

Teach these "leeches" a lesson to depend on governent bc they are lazy and unmotivated.

...but Pat McCory really thinks heated tile in the governors mansion bathroom would go really nice with the new gold fixtures on the toilet..bc of the Bible.

#25 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,086 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

I expect a lot less from a few posters here and always suprised when they fall even below those expectations.

#26 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,532 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

Medicaid expansion costs the states nothing for three more years. So half of the above op-ed is simply not even factual.

And I guarantee in less than 2 years McCrory and the right will be trying to throw this at the feet of the left and blame them, as if the state legislature had absolutely no other choice. This is nothing more than an intentional and spiteful effort to unemploy and disenfranchise even more of the ever-shrinking middle class while trying to blame the current administration and say, "Look what you did to us..."

So there'd be no administrative hit on the existing systems run by the states?  Who pays those employees?

http://newsatjama.ja...ner-for-states/

There is no guarantee that the deficit-burdened federal government will be able to maintain its funding promises to the states.

That's a biggie.

Add in the fact that more and more doctors, in case you aren't in the medical industry, are refusing medicare/medicaid new patients and more and more are planning to retire in the next year rather than deal with Obamacare....what impact do you believe that will have when demand goes up more yet supply reduced.  Again, you'll have a market respond especially when reimbursements are already being targeted.  Medicaid's undercompensated care is a bigger problem than providing uncompensated care for the indigent.

Nothing is ever free and I love how you phrased your retort limiting it to first 3 years.  Hilarious.

#27 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,710 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

So there'd be no administrative hit on the existing systems run by the states?  Who pays those employees?

http://newsatjama.ja...ner-for-states/

That's a biggie.

Add in the fact that more and more doctors, in case you aren't in the medical industry, are refusing medicare/medicaid new patients and more and more are planning to retire in the next year rather than deal with Obamacare....what impact do you believe that will have when demand goes up more yet supply reduced.  Again, you'll have a market respond especially when reimbursements are already being targeted.  Medicaid's undercompensated care is a bigger problem than providing uncompensated care for the indigent.

Nothing is ever free and I love how you phrased your retort limiting it to first 3 years.  Hilarious.

Again, I wouldn't expect you to read the facts and understand the program. That's not what the right wants from you. You act just as they have trained you- knee-jerk overreactions based in falsehoods... keep it up, though, you're just the person they're looking for.

#28 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,532 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

What program are you talking about now...Medicaid or Unemployment?

Either one...states can be stuck with a bill that the feds can yank out from underneath them.  As quickly as 2-4 years...

#29 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,390 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

Hate it for the people that this will affect negatively, however, you can only expect this "help" to be there for so long.

The past 7 years have been really tough on everyone I know, but the smart ones got out of debt, or are in a better place long term now that this happened.

Hopefully the majority of Americans learned about buying too much house, being up to their eyes in CC debt, and not having rainy day funds for when the ish hits the fan.

#30 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,396 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

Yes G5 the number one issue facing states these days is the possibility that the nation they are part of suddenly can't pay the state something. I mean if the Federal Government collapses, it's not like the states are not going to just start printing their own confederate dollars or whatever hahaha and of course whatever tanked the Federal Government into collapse will not affect states in any other way lol

It's wonderful our Republican friends went nuts and started tearing down the guts of what was at one point a southern state all the really messed up southern states could someday aspire to be like, but the idea that a state will refuse to take the monies guaranteed to it purely out of political spite is one of the most destructive policies a local government could endorse.

If the reverse happened G5, I guarantee you the stupendous NC legislature would kill each other in order to move to the top of the pack in meeting all the Fed requirements for aid before their former "independence minded" voters run them out of town for not helping the normal people in their time of need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com