Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Gordon-Humphries Swap Could Still Be On The Table

15 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI

Nets and Bobcats discussed a Humphries-Ben Gordon swap in the past. Could still be on the table for Boston.

Chris Mannix: Keep an eye on Charlotte as a possible landing spot for Kris Humphries. Rival execs skeptical he stays in Boston. Twitter

What would you guys think of this?

Gordon officially opted in, so this could certainly be an option.

Posted · Report post

If Ben Gordon hates playing here he most certainly will hate for a rebuilding Boston with Rondo as the leader 

Posted · Report post

It's not like he has a no trade clause though...

Posted · Report post

Yeah Ben may have no choice lol.

But if we lose Hendo, and trade Ben.... who plays SG for us?  Taylor, who backs him up?

I wouldn't mind it but I'm not sure it would work out, would be come off the bench?  Wouldn't you want Zeller playing PF as a starter and Biz at center (or another person who is a center)?  Not sure this works out now.

Posted · Report post

Yeah Ben may have no choice lol.

But if we lose Hendo, and trade Ben.... who plays SG for us? Taylor, who backs him up?

I wouldn't mind it but I'm not sure it would work out, would be come off the bench? Wouldn't you want Zeller playing PF as a starter and Biz at center (or another person who is a center)? Not sure this works out now.

Jeff Taylor would indeed be the backup... Seth Curry could potentially be on the roster as well.

After it's all said an done though, I'd rather keep Ben "Shoot Every Shot" Gordon.

Posted · Report post

Take it in a heart beat

Posted · Report post

We lose a scorer that we need for a rebounder that we need. I don't think it'll win us a lot of games or make us look a lot better, it basically boils down to who will help the young guys more.

Posted · Report post

Both are on the final year of their contracts as well.

Posted · Report post

We lose a scorer that we need for a rebounder that we need. I don't think it'll win us a lot of games or make us look a lot better, it basically boils down to who will help the young guys more.

Gordon is not a scorer that we need. His days of scoring are long gone. Humphries would instantly give us a presence inside along with Zeller. Humphries is a pretty good rebounder. We're not going to suddenly win a lot of games, but that's the plan. We want all the good pieces that we can have to build through "one" last draft (2014).

Posted · Report post

Do u play Humpries at 3 and MKG at 2? Or just bring him off bench?

Posted · Report post

You would have to bring him off the bench.

Posted · Report post

Do u play Humpries at 3 and MKG at 2? Or just bring him off bench?

Humphries may have to come off the bench. Though, I would say there will be a lot of times that both are on the court: MKG (3) Humphries (4) and Cody (5)
2 people like this