Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beer Smack

75 posts in this topic

Posted

be sure and hike the pipeline trail and trek through the glowworm tunnel. it's arduous at points but spectacular, right before reaching the tunnel you drop into this moist, humid cloud forest that looks for all the world like something from the late cretacious (and in fact the wollemi valley is famous for being home to a few species of plants that have been traced back hundreds of millions of years.) also be sure to climb mystery mountain, but don't do what i did and miss the trail and almost die. here's my blog post on it from 2009, it's probably worth a read to decide whether or not you want to make the trip. i've got pictures up as well

1 person likes this

Posted

it's actually not far past three sisters (which is itself absolutely incredible, definitely worth a day or so.) it's all part of the wollemi wilderness. no one lives in newnes (except for the guy that owns the campground, a hermit, a 70-year-old farmer and a hermit) so i don't think you'll find someone to drive you there but i'm pretty sure he'll pick you up if you're paying for a camping permit. dude's name is thomas, he's an expat from germany, cool as hell. tell him phil, the guy who helped build his brick filtration tank, sent you

here's some info on camping in newnes

and here's the guy's website

Thanks, will check him out!

I'm very familiar with three sisters after a day of hiking it closer to the bottom we camped out on a the giant steps trail me and my friends all got blackout drunk on goon on a fire trail, ahh good times!

1 person likes this

Posted

goon, ugh

Posted

BTW did you have problems with leaches over there, we had a horrible time with them for all 5 days we hiked

Posted

goon, ugh

I havent drank wine till this year because of that stuff

Posted

this yolo character keeps messing me about wanting to give me sex. Please help I feel icky and sticky

Posted

What's the worst beer you've had? I drank this Magic Hat poo once called Hicu, fuging gross.

Posted

i never had a problem with leeches, but the spiders ate me alive. i conquered a weird spider phobia by sleeping in a room chock full of them... every time i turned out the light they'd scuttle across my chest, and since it was a solar-powered property i couldn't sleep with the lights on, so i just wrapped up in a blanket and went to sleep. i woke up covered from head to toe in spider bites but obviously none of them were poisonous

Posted

this yolo character keeps messing me about wanting to give me sex. Please help I feel icky and sticky

yeah you should probably make him lick it up when you're done with him

Posted

goon is the fuging worst, all the backpackers drink it out of the box because it's cheap, but i never could bring myself to do it

1 person likes this

Posted

What's the worst beer you've had? I drank this Magic Hat poo once called Hicu, fuging gross.

A failed batch of sour beer. I don't remember which brewery, but it was the nastiest poo I've ever drank. I enjoy a nice lambic every now and again, but souring beer is pretty unpredictable and when it's bad it's really fuging bad. 

Posted

i never had a problem with leeches, but the spiders ate me alive. i conquered a weird spider phobia by sleeping in a room chock full of them... every time i turned out the light they'd scuttle across my chest, and since it was a solar-powered property i couldn't sleep with the lights on, so i just wrapped up in a blanket and went to sleep. i woke up covered from head to toe in spider bites but obviously none of them were poisonous

Lucky you, in more then one way, first because of the lack leeches and second half of all spiders can kill you in aus so yea lucky you