Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YOLO!

Beer Smack

75 posts in this topic

Drinking some jim beam tonight, PSC.

i like elijah craig.   there was something similar i drank recently and really liked...but i can't remember the name of it

Drinking some jim beam tonight, PSC.

Johnnie Walker for me!

hey guys since alice probably isn't looking around in here (beer is for commoners you know, maybe if this was chardonnay smack he would read it) check out the first post in the christmas thread

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1 person likes this

What is better than Corona?

Guinness draught

I discovered Brazil had some pretty decent beer, Australian beer though is bloody awful.

Fosters: Australian for muddy piss water

1 person likes this

Johnnie Walker for me!

Bacardi 151....Yeeshhh

1 person likes this

have you decided on any spots in the blue mountains?

if you're looking to do some trekking, i know a guy who i did some work for that runs a campground in newnes. it's deep in the blue mountains, past katoomba, and he's restoring a turn-of-the-century hotel to make as a tourist attraction to the region. the scenery is fuging spectacular, one of the coolest weeks i've spent in my life. parrots screaming from the cliffs, ruined coal mining equipment, a rail track along a river that leads through a blind tunnel packed with glowworms, wallabies zipping through the bush... really a spectacular experience. all you'd pay for is the campground fee

let me know if you're interested, i can forward you his contact information

sounds cool, go ahead and pm me his info, I was looking at doing a little bit of backpacking off of the giant steps by 3 sisters and Darwin falls but it would be cool to checkout somewhere new!

sounds cool, go ahead and pm me his info, I was looking at doing a little bit of backpacking off of the giant steps by 3 sisters and Darwin falls but it would be cool to checkout somewhere new!

it's actually not far past three sisters (which is itself absolutely incredible, definitely worth a day or so.) it's all part of the wollemi wilderness. no one lives in newnes (except for the guy that owns the campground, a hermit, a 70-year-old farmer and a hermit) so i don't think you'll find someone to drive you there but i'm pretty sure he'll pick you up if you're paying for a camping permit. dude's name is thomas, he's an expat from germany, cool as hell. tell him phil, the guy who helped build his brick filtration tank, sent you

here's some info on camping in newnes

and here's the guy's website

1 person likes this

be sure and hike the pipeline trail and trek through the glowworm tunnel. it's arduous at points but spectacular, right before reaching the tunnel you drop into this moist, humid cloud forest that looks for all the world like something from the late cretacious (and in fact the wollemi valley is famous for being home to a few species of plants that have been traced back hundreds of millions of years.) also be sure to climb mystery mountain, but don't do what i did and miss the trail and almost die. here's my blog post on it from 2009, it's probably worth a read to decide whether or not you want to make the trip. i've got pictures up as well

1 person likes this

it's actually not far past three sisters (which is itself absolutely incredible, definitely worth a day or so.) it's all part of the wollemi wilderness. no one lives in newnes (except for the guy that owns the campground, a hermit, a 70-year-old farmer and a hermit) so i don't think you'll find someone to drive you there but i'm pretty sure he'll pick you up if you're paying for a camping permit. dude's name is thomas, he's an expat from germany, cool as hell. tell him phil, the guy who helped build his brick filtration tank, sent you

here's some info on camping in newnes

and here's the guy's website

Thanks, will check him out!

I'm very familiar with three sisters after a day of hiking it closer to the bottom we camped out on a the giant steps trail me and my friends all got blackout drunk on goon on a fire trail, ahh good times!

1 person likes this