Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting look at the NFL Top 100 page

53 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Agreed. Wilson, thus far, is the superior passer over Luck, Kaep and RG3, in my opinion.

Using KendrickPanther's logic, Matt Flynn should have beaten out a rookie Wilson and lead the Seahawks deep into the playoffs. Since apparently all a barely talented QB needs is a "good defense" and "solid ground game".

Yet Flynn is now in Oakland doing squat, while Wilson lead his team to a playoff victory.

Posted · Report post

Flynn isn't as good as Wilson..you took what I said and acted like I went to an extreme. Wilson is not as good as the other young star QBs. That is all I really said.

Posted · Report post

Well you kinda did. Your all the other QB's in their primes taking bad teams to the playoffs statement was pretty vague. You never mentioned the young QB's specifically, who I'd hardly consider to be near their prime yet anyway.

Regardless, it's going to be an interesting sophomore season for last years crop of new QB's

Posted · Report post

I have a hard time taking anything that's 'fan vote' based seriously, whether for good or bad, primarily because it's impossible to know how many votes are cast by homers, haters or rivals.

I mean, how much weight would you really give a Falcon fan's opinion of Cam Newton?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

How can Luck or RGIII be that high when Cam as a rookie, a record breaking rookie was only 40.   Luck threw like 400 more passes than Cam did and more Ints.   Though athletic RGIII did not win all the games coming down the stretch that he gets credit for.

Posted · Report post

People here really don't like Russell Wilson lol.

Most of them are UNCheat fans who are still butthurt about the 3 year raping they took from him.

Posted · Report post

in 7 starts

There is my justification.

Sorry that you're offended that your future projections for this guy are different than mine.

Posted · Report post

Not even a little bit. 1814 passing yards for 10 TDs and only 3 INTs, plus another 415 yards and 5 TDs on the ground for a QB rating of 98.3 and a Super Bowl appearance in 7 starts is pretty damn good. Considering that QB is by far the most important position in football, I have no problem with him being #82.

Then again, I'm not one of the Panthers fans who feels threatened when any QB other than Can Newton receives praise. There are other good QBs not named Can Newton. I'm damn happy with our guy and it doesn't bunch up my panties when others are happy with their guy.

Think Alex Smith (and what he did last year), after being a career bust.

It doesn't make Kaepernick officially overrated. But when you combine that aspect, along with his 10 games, of course people will say think that. It remains to be seen in many peoples eyes. 

And I don't think Huddler's feel threatened by the other QB's per se. We have to separate their media coverage and perception vs actual play.

I think many Huddler's complain about a double standard of coverage, and perception of each players's personality, etc. That's complained about a lot for sure; adnausem.   

However, if one believes that a particular QB is good, bad, average, better or worse, it's usually their honest felt opinion. There's a difference. 

Posted · Report post

How can Luck or RGIII be that high when Cam as a rookie, a record breaking rookie was only 40.   Luck threw like 400 more passes than Cam did and more Ints.   Though athletic RGIII did not win all the games coming down the stretch that he gets credit for.

Because they won more games, and went to the playoffs. And all their success, just made each more notable, because it gave more coverage of the other. 

However, I do agree with you.

Cam had to carry his team on his back, where RG3 certainly did not. And though Luck did, we all know the improbably comebacks that he was involved in (after poor play), that his defense helped seal. 

Posted · Report post

Because they won more games, and went to the playoffs. And all their success, just made each more notable, because it gave more coverage of the other. 

However, I do agree with you.

Cam had to carry his team on his back, where RG3 certainly did not. And though Luck did, we all know the improbably comebacks that he was involved in (after poor play), that his defense helped seal. 

I give you the W's but still.  Top 20?  Slightly overrated.

I am happy we took Cam.  I have a gut feeling. Cam is going to have a Pro Bowl season.  No I don't have a single bit of proof just a gut feeling.

Posted · Report post

Agreed. Wilson, thus far, is the superior passer over Luck, Kaep and RG3, in my opinion.

Possibly, but Kaep is a pretty good passer. Wilson is definitely a better passer than he gets credit for, though.

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't go as far as saying Kaepernick is overrated, he's got a bright future. That squad that he's on is fuging stacked though. The same one that Alex Smith lead to the NFC championship and a few bad plays from the Superbowl in 2011. It's a legitimate question to ask would the 49ers had won it all last year with Alex Smith instead?

Maybe if Smith was playing D. The 9ers needed nothing on offense. They were moving the ball at will.