Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If/When Hernandez is found guilty of 1st degree murder....

36 posts in this topic

Posted

Posted

Oh I just thought about another one!

What about "SpyGate"????

IMHO the Pats got off easy for that one.

Posted

"Where would you rank this all time on a list sports controversies?"

Why does it necessarily have to be controversial? I think 'scandal' would be a better term for all the listed examples, and I'd have to list murders at the top, as far as what's worse.

Posted

dont forget Hulk Hogan losing the WWF belt to Andre the Giant and then Andre gave the belt to The Million Dollar Man Ted DiaBiase, it was clear Hulk had his shoulder up before the count of 3 and later found out the ref is brothers with the Million Dollar man...This poo haunts me.

3 people like this

Posted

It'll be hard for anyone to top Rae Carruth IMO.

Posted

Saints bounty program

Posted

Digging_zps8503b5e1.gif

2 people like this

Posted

What is the criteria?  If we are talking about the level to which it will be remembered or how it impacts sports then I would have to rank it pretty low.

Has anyone mentioned Ray Ray?

Posted

Ten of the twelve members of the gold medal-winning Spanish basketball team at the 2000 Summer Paralympics were revealed to have no disability.

Posted

I don't think dook lax deserves to be mentioned. Those kids were getting railroaded and dook left them hung out to dry refusing to even consider defending them in the slightest. It was pretty despicable all the way around from the "victim" to the media to the school to the NCAA. No one was willing to defend those kids in the public eye due to rampant political correctness.

Posted

And of course the whole Manti Teo thing we just had (although the scandal itself is pretty trivial in the grand scheme of things)...but it got a ton of controversy and media coverage.

Plus the Jovan Belcher murder/suicide last season which was pretty crazy, but he wasn't a big name so it didn't blow up as much as these other scandals. But a murder/suicide is about as big as you can get other than maybe being a serial killer.

If you can't tell from my examples...I'm really only an NFL (Panthers of course) fan, and a relatively new one at that. I've been avidly watching the Panthers since just 2009.

Posted

Ten of the twelve members of the gold medal-winning Spanish basketball team at the 2000 Summer Paralympics were revealed to have no disability.

I'm trying to figure out those guys even made it to the court before being busted, let alone getting the medals.