Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NFL Third Place Game?

83 posts in this topic

Posted

I do not watch the pro bowl and I would not watch this, seems like a pointless game. I am sure lots of other people would though.

Posted

sheeeeiiiittttt you think this is soccer Gucci mane?

1 person likes this

Posted

I dont think its a terrible idea. However I am not watching Italy vs Uruguay today and I am a soccer fan.

I doubt the players would have motivation to go out and get the crap beat out of them unless there were some decent incentives.

The third place game sponsored by Aflac. Each player get s$100,000

Posted

However I am not watching Italy vs Uruguay today and I am a soccer fan.

you missed a hell of a game, broseph.

3 people like this

Posted

If you want this to be really competitive the winners get a bonus that the losers have to furnish.

Posted

If this was the Olympics with recognition for 3rd place this would makes sense, but it's not. At the end of the year, there's one Super Bowl champ and 31 losers. That's just the way it is.

Posted

but we could call the prize for 3rd place The Clausen Trophy

Posted

If this was the Olympics with recognition for 3rd place this would makes sense, but it's not. At the end of the year, there's one Super Bowl champ and 31 losers. That's just the way it is.

Exactly.  There is no silver medal in football either just another loser so why have a bronze.

Posted

Exactly.  There is no silver medal in football either just another loser so why have a bronze.

i guess im just more business minded so im looking at it from the perspective of the league and not from the fans point of view..

Posted

would anyone on a team care about winning third place? at that point you're risking injury for a pointless feat, and from a GM/coaching perspective you're fighting a lose a spot in the draft. i can't see players taking it seriously enough to make it any more intense than the pro bowl as it is.

this. no reason for it. i can't imagine it being any better than the probowl as far as how pointless and lame it would be.

Posted

More football = great

Posted

this. no reason for it. i can't imagine it being any better than the probowl as far as how pointless and lame it would be.

you're looking at it the wrong way, and have no idea how incentives work. pro bowl= no incentives.