Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hornets A Possible Suitor For Mayo

54 posts in this topic

Posted

Sam Amick: More free agent rumblings - OJ Mayo's likely suitors: Jazz, Bucks, Minnesota, Clippers, Blazers, Bobcats, Bulls. Twitter @sam_amick

I'm guessing he is our backup plan in case we can't afford Henderson.

Posted

How much would Mayo cost compared to hendo do you think?

Posted

No idea, I don't really know much about him...

I've seen him play a few times, but I've never really sat down and actually watched just him.

Posted

I have always liked Mayo and feel he would be a great addition to our team. I would be happy with Mayo or Hendo. Mayo being first on my list because of the fact that he has that outside jumper that we need. 

Posted

Its hard to really gauge $$ since the new CBA. The first couple of days people overpay then after that they underpay. I think the range is 8m-10m. 

He will get roughly 2/3m more a yr then Hendo IMO

Posted

If Mayo can put up the same amount of stats he did last year he would probably be worth the money.

Posted

Mayo would be an upgrade over Hendo.

2 people like this

Posted

I may just be one who likes the big name players, but IMO really Mayo is an instant upgrade over Hendo. I have always liked the man when he came out. Mayo may not bring the defense Hendo brings, but his offense is way above Hendo. I don't like looking at stats bc it can be deceiving. I like to look at guys when they're on the court and how they command the game.

I'm not sure Mayo would choose us over the other teams, but if he's willing to I'd take him in a heart beat over Hendo. Mayo would be a good long term answer at SG compared to Hendo, and he's a starting caliber player. Not like Hendo who's best suited as a 6th man.

The addition of Mayo would be a good fit if we lose out of Andrew Wiggins next year, and instead take Parker or Randle.

PG: Kemba Walker

SG: OJ Mayo

SF: Kidd-Gilchrist / Jeff Taylor

PF: Jabari Parker? / Julius Randle?

C : Cody Zeller / Biyombo

What's the possibility if resigning Hendo and adding Mayo if we amnesty TT or get rid of other guys (Ben Gordon)???

Posted

I may just be one who likes the big name players, but IMO really Mayo is an instant upgrade over Mayo. I have always liked the man when he came out. Mayo may not bring the defense Hendo brings, but his offense is way above Hendo. I don't like looking at stats bc he can be deceiving. I like to look at guys when they're on the court and how the command their games.

I'm not sure Mayo would choose us over the other teams, but if he's willing to I'd take him in a heart beat over Hendo. Mayo would be a good long term answer at SG compared to Hendo, and he's a starting caliber player. Not like Hendo who's best suited as a 6th man.

The addition of Mayo would be a good fit if we lose out of Andrew Wiggins next year, and instead take Parker or Randle.

PG: Kemba Walker

SG: OJ Mayo

SF: Kidd-Gilchrist / Jeff Taylor

PF: Jabari Parker? / Julius Randle?

C : Cody Zeller / Biyombo

What's the possibility if resigning Hendo and adding Mayo if we amnesty TT or get rid of other guys (Ben Gordon)???

It would be interesting to see if we could do that deal with Boston for Humphries.. and then sign Henderson and Mayo...

PG: Kemba Walker, Ramon Sessions

SG: Gerald Henderson, O.J. Mayo, Seth Curry

SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Jeff Taylor, Jeff  Adrien

PF: Cody Zeller, Kris Humphries, Josh McRoberts

C: Bismack Biyombo, Brendan Haywood

Unrealistic, but not an awful team.

Posted

I think Humphries would start at the 5 over Bismack if he was here.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd rather have Mayo than Henderson. But then again I'm a big fan of raining down shots from the perimeter.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd give Mayo 2+ million if he wanted, but one of those teams will go 10 mil, whoch we need to stay far, far away from.