#46 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

I agree.
But that sounds like a good 6th man off the bench. Sounds almost like the guy on the Spurs team that many people were drooling over (Danny Green). Not saying he's as deadly a 3point shooter as Green but eventually could be somewhat similar. IMO, both Hendo and Taylor are role player and better 6th man off the bench. I just have no problem replacing Hendo with Taylor. There's little to lose. It's not like we're trying to replace Harden.

Yeah Taylor will be really good one day. The thing about Hendo is that we don't know exactly what he is capable of right now. From what we've seen he'd be a good 6th man off the bench, but in the 2nd half of last season he showed that he is capable of being an 18-20 ppg scorer on good efficiency. I'd love to sign him for 4 years and 28 million or so, and if he averages 18+ ppg for us then gg. If not, then we have a top notch 6th man. The plan with Hendo is a little fuzzy right now since we'd all like to get Wiggins to play SG for us, but either way I want to keep our talent, and if Hendo resigns on a reasonable contract then we absolutely should get him. Probably the main reason why I'd prefer him over someone like Mayo is because for one, Hendo is definitely the better all around player... stats show it, and the eye test shows it. Mayo is capable of filling it up from 3, but he is strictly a spot up shooter. He can occasionally create off the dribble, but it's not his game, and not something that he is really comfortable doing. Hendo on the other hand provides scoring (creating his own offense via ISO, PnR, and Post), and defense. The main thing Hendo needs to work on is his spot up shooting, because playing with a guard like Kemba can get you a couple of easy threes a game and if he can start really knocking them down then that would help out the offense a good bit. 

#47 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,640 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

Bonnell just reported that Mayo is not currently being pursued by the BuzzCats... What does this mean? He's our backup plan.

#48 Third Degree

Third Degree

All we do is win

• HUDDLER
  • 4,722 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

Fixing problems at positions we're set at (PG and SG) gets the team nowhere. The biggest needs right now are a starting center, backup small forward, reserve shooting guard and backup power forward. 

Taylor isn't bad, but there's a spot where we conceivably could upgrade.

#49 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,640 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

Fixing problems at positions we're set at (PG and SG) gets the team nowhere. The biggest needs right now are a starting center, backup small forward, reserve shooting guard and backup power forward.

Taylor isn't bad, but there's a spot where we conceivably could upgrade.

Starting Center: Could be Al Jefferson
Back Up SF: Idk
Reserve SG: That will be Ben Gordon
Back Up PF: Maybe McBob

#50 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

Jefferson, Biz, Zeller, Haywood, and maybe McRoberts could be an OK frontcourt.

Backup SF is basically Taylor, if you sign Hendo he can also play SF if needed.

#51 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,640 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

JT might be able to show us something, he got in Dunlap's cathouse for some unbeknownst reason and never got to really prove himself.

#52 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

I think half the team was in Dunlap's doghouse lol.

#53 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,968 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

I like Jeff Taylor a lot but as a bench guy...he is one of those guys who is almost mazed out to what he will be..all he can do is just get better at shooting and being smarter on defense.

OJ Mayo is good but the seperation between him and Hendo is minimal. OJ would fufill a need like a catch and shoot guy with great range.

Like someone said it is just Hendo's health that has been an issue..if Hendo proves yet again not to be durable then its time to cut the cord..if he can continue where he left off last season then I think we have one of the first developed guys on the Bobcat-Hornet roster!!

Team just needs catch and shoot guys not a guy who has to dribble dribble then shoot which Kemba is. Hendo needs that part of his game become consistant.

#54 Third Degree

Third Degree

All we do is win

• HUDDLER
  • 4,722 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

C: Jefferson/Biyombo/Haywood

PF: Zeller/McRoberts

SF: MKG/Taylor

SG: Henderson/Gordon

PG: Walker/Sessions/Pargo

That would be a good little improvement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users