Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NHL Draft:1st Round (5th Overall): Carolina Selects Elias Lindholm

45 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I miss Sutter, he is one of the best (least talked about) two-way players in the game.

Yea, he is a great player. Way under rated by most fans. 

Posted · Report post

I will say this, the Canes could potentially have an all-Swedes line in the next few years.

Victor Rask - Elias Lindholm - Erik Karlsson

Victor Rask is the big ? among that group, he's got tons of potential but I'm not sure if he ever gets there. 

Posted · Report post

Victor Rask is the big ? among that group, he's got tons of potential but I'm not sure if he ever gets there. 

His best chance is this year... if he doesn't make it this year... he'll just be another Dalpe.

Posted · Report post

According to Chip Alexander, Elias Lindholm will be at the prospect camp.

Posted · Report post

Best quote I've seen

In talking about Lindholm, MacDonald noted he has been compared to such players as Daniel Alfredsson of the Ottawa Senators and Nicklas Backstrom of the Washington Capitals. He also has been referred to as the "next Peter Forsberg."

Posted · Report post

According to Chip Alexander, Elias Lindholm will be at the prospect camp.

That's what I was getting confused about, he's going to be at the prospect camp but plans on going back to Sweden and honoring his contract..... 

Posted · Report post

That's what I was getting confused about, he's going to be at the prospect camp but plans on going back to Sweden and honoring his contract..... 

Chip did mention that the Canes may try to buy him out, but it's clear that Lindholm wants to honor his contract.

It shows what type of character he has, clearly a high character kid.

Posted · Report post

Chip did mention that the Canes may try to buy him out, but it's clear that Lindholm wants to honor his contract.

It shows what type of character he has, clearly a high character kid.

They don't have to buy him out at all, he's got an NHL out in his contract. He can just nullify his contract by making the team. I'm getting the impression though that even if he makes the team he'll be back in Sweden for a year.  Yes, he's a very high character, team first guy. <One of the things I like about him. 

Posted · Report post

They don't have to buy him out at all, he's got an NHL out in his contract. He can just nullify his contract by making the team. I'm getting the impression though that even if he makes the team he'll be back in Sweden for a year.  Yes, he's a very high character, team first guy. <One of the things I like about him. 

He does have to be bought out because he is under contract with that Swedish team. The Hurricanes only own his rights, they don't own him.

Just like during the lockout, a lot of guys contracts had to be bought out because they were playing in the KHL.

Posted · Report post

He does have to be bought out because he is under contract with that Swedish team. The Hurricanes only own his rights, they don't own him.

Not from what I was getting from twitter. If Lindholm wants too, when he makes a NHL team his SEL team contract becomes null and void. 

It's really just a matter of if he wants to honor his contract or not if he makes the Canes roster. 

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip1h

Rutherford says Lindholm has an out in contract with Brynas, if he makes Canes roster. Canes would not have to buy out final year.

Posted · Report post

Then again

Chip did post this and later other reporters were told by Lindholm that he intended to honor his contract.

Lindholm's goal is to play in NHL next season but did note he has a year left on his contract in Swedish elite league.

Posted · Report post

Didn't see that, it's weird that he wouldn't want to come right to the NHL.